Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

View Poll Results: Would you purchase a nude statue sculpted by Clay Moore?
Indeed, I would, sir. Indeed, I would. 186 90.29%
Wha?!? My [enter significant other title here] would eviscerate me! 11 5.34%
Heaven forbid! My children would become deviant if ever they were to see a nude body! 9 4.37%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #21
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Not just any nude female. A female done in the masterful style of Clay Moore. No known character, yet a tantilzing fantasy based character created with the taste that is inherent in any Clay Moore piece. Say, a fantastic lady warrior with a shield and sword. She wears fur and/or leather boots, other dainty garb and a belt on which she rests her sword when not in combat, yet otherwise nude. I am not saying just any "hot naked chick" sculpted by Clay. I am speaking of a piece that Clay would actually accept the challenge of sculpting and execute it in his own unmatched fashion. Clay's choices of work have proven time and again that he is truly meticulous in what accepts or proposes. He's no schlub!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:32 AM   #22
sdbuzzcut
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Tastefully done like the slave girl on the Barbarian statue or a nude with the proportions of the original Witchblade, yes.

Body proportions like She-Dragon or Sinful Suzi, no. To me, those two statues were more like centerfolds than art.

With apologies to those who think centerfolds are art.
sdbuzzcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:55 AM   #23
Dozza
Birdman

For sure because I know it would be great!
Dozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #24
verified
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Yes i would most definitely buy one.
I'm getting started with the Medusa nude. Would love to add more nude statues to my collection that are as tastefully done.
verified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:05 AM   #25
tombow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Frazetta' Cat girl sculpted by Clay.....a dream!
tombow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #26
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
There's nothing wrong with tasteful nudity, quite honestly; having said that, my wife and I don't have any nude paintings or sculptures in our home.. yet.
Sort of off-topic here...but I thought I'd share this story...Please do not read if you want to stay on topic, or avoid a bloggy-type entry...

When I was younger...just graduated high school, I worked at a hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico (Go Lobos!) setting up tables and chairs for special events, etc.

There was a woman who was the front desk manager named Mona. (Who was quite attractive for an older lady in her late 30's...I suppose she'd be thought of as a MILF in this day and age) As stated, Mona was a very attractive mature woman who was married and had a young (6-ish?) son she frequently had visit her from time to time.

Before the story progresses....Keep in mind that while attractive in her business skirt suits and hair pulled up in a bun and sporting glasses from time to time in a very Sarah Palin-ish type way...Mona was a royal b*tch when it came to being a manager, and she was very feared by people that worked in her department, but also respected by people that didn't work directly under her.

So, Mona is moving from a small starter home to a larger 3 bedroom house, and she has asked if there are people that could come help her move. She will buy pizza and beer to compensate us and would really appreciate any help. She asks the set up department first because we are the heavy labor department that speaks english, as opposed to the dishwashers, so I am part of a 3-person team that joins a 3 person team of bell men that decide they can come help Mona and her family on Sunday.

We meet at the hotel, use the hotel trucks, and start driving towards her home. Mona gets in the truck I am in, so I am driving, a co-worker is sitting in the middle who os an older guy that USED to work in Mona's department for years, and then Mona is in the passenger seat.

My co-worker, a tall hispanic guy named Rafael, started chatting with MOna about her husbands photography, etc. and if we will be handling all his equipment. ( I later learned that Mona's husband was actually a well known professional photographer in the Albuquerque / Santa Fe area...and having worked in her department for years Rafael knew this about Mona's husband and had met him from time to time.)
Mona laughed at the idea and said there was no way her husband would let anyone handle his equipment other than himself, so we shoudl expect to do all the heavy lifting.

Okay...fast forward....we pull up to Mona's house...6 guys at walk into her garage where we all meet her husband and son. Mona makes off with her son and her husband leads us into the house to kind of go over the game plan of how we will load the vans....

and then time stood still....

.....above the fireplace in ALL It's glory....a large portrait of Mona on a couch NAKED as a jaybird!

I didnt know what to do! Come to find out that the other three guys had been to the house before so this was no big deal, and one of the guys from my department would have rather seen a nude picture of her husband, so there was only onoe other guy there that was floored by seeing big naked picture of Mona with her hair down, no glasses, and big cans exposed for all her guests to see!

Looking back now, it was a very tasteful pose, and very artistic...but at 19...yep, I just saw big cans, then then I go out to the garage and see Mona in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt telling us not to damage her belongings.

Even now, 20 years later, I wonder why someone whould have a portrait of themselves hanging in their house, right in plain sight of the front door for trick or treaters, UPS guys, or girl scouts to see.....But obviously it was a memorable portrait to say the least!

so to bring this home.....no, I don't think having a nude sculpture in my home would be appropriate, especially if painted in a lifelike fashion...but I would be able to look at it for the artistic qualities....the moms of the little league team that come over for a BBQ after the last game of the season might not see it that way!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #27
dechirico7
The Flash

If it is done realistically yes. If her chest is larger than the rest of her body, no.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #28
sputnik
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Nudity is fine, but I think Moore offers the best paint job out there. The more clothes, the better the opportunity to show off that talent.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #29
Helder M.
Sculptor
Sculptor

OH YEAHHHH ... Specially with that kind of A$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullvine View Post
something like this...

http://heldermblog.blogspot.com/

Helder M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #30
gas4harley
Doh!

I don't have to worry. The moms of the little league team and other narrow minded people are BANNED from my home. Thank god!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Sort of off-topic here...but I thought I'd share this story...Please do not read if you want to stay on topic, or avoid a bloggy-type entry...

When I was younger...just graduated high school, I worked at a hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico (Go Lobos!) setting up tables and chairs for special events, etc.

There was a woman who was the front desk manager named Mona. (Who was quite attractive for an older lady in her late 30's...I suppose she'd be thought of as a MILF in this day and age) As stated, Mona was a very attractive mature woman who was married and had a young (6-ish?) son she frequently had visit her from time to time.

Before the story progresses....Keep in mind that while attractive in her business skirt suits and hair pulled up in a bun and sporting glasses from time to time in a very Sarah Palin-ish type way...Mona was a royal b*tch when it came to being a manager, and she was very feared by people that worked in her department, but also respected by people that didn't work directly under her.

So, Mona is moving from a small starter home to a larger 3 bedroom house, and she has asked if there are people that could come help her move. She will buy pizza and beer to compensate us and would really appreciate any help. She asks the set up department first because we are the heavy labor department that speaks english, as opposed to the dishwashers, so I am part of a 3-person team that joins a 3 person team of bell men that decide they can come help Mona and her family on Sunday.

We meet at the hotel, use the hotel trucks, and start driving towards her home. Mona gets in the truck I am in, so I am driving, a co-worker is sitting in the middle who os an older guy that USED to work in Mona's department for years, and then Mona is in the passenger seat.

My co-worker, a tall hispanic guy named Rafael, started chatting with MOna about her husbands photography, etc. and if we will be handling all his equipment. ( I later learned that Mona's husband was actually a well known professional photographer in the Albuquerque / Santa Fe area...and having worked in her department for years Rafael knew this about Mona's husband and had met him from time to time.)
Mona laughed at the idea and said there was no way her husband would let anyone handle his equipment other than himself, so we shoudl expect to do all the heavy lifting.

Okay...fast forward....we pull up to Mona's house...6 guys at walk into her garage where we all meet her husband and son. Mona makes off with her son and her husband leads us into the house to kind of go over the game plan of how we will load the vans....

and then time stood still....

.....above the fireplace in ALL It's glory....a large portrait of Mona on a couch NAKED as a jaybird!

I didnt know what to do! Come to find out that the other three guys had been to the house before so this was no big deal, and one of the guys from my department would have rather seen a nude picture of her husband, so there was only onoe other guy there that was floored by seeing big naked picture of Mona with her hair down, no glasses, and big cans exposed for all her guests to see!

Looking back now, it was a very tasteful pose, and very artistic...but at 19...yep, I just saw big cans, then then I go out to the garage and see Mona in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt telling us not to damage her belongings.

Even now, 20 years later, I wonder why someone whould have a portrait of themselves hanging in their house, right in plain sight of the front door for trick or treaters, UPS guys, or girl scouts to see.....But obviously it was a memorable portrait to say the least!

so to bring this home.....no, I don't think having a nude sculpture in my home would be appropriate, especially if painted in a lifelike fashion...but I would be able to look at it for the artistic qualities....the moms of the little league team that come over for a BBQ after the last game of the season might not see it that way!
gas4harley is offline   Reply With Quote