Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 05-08-2007, 03:20 AM   #171
Animeniac
Frackin!

I'll say in a polite way that I'm really getting annoyed at the fact I was charged for BOTH versions on 4/6 (ComicStatues), then "eventually" my order is updated as SHIPPING (not shipped) on 4/27 and it STILL shows as shipping as of this writing (5/8) and I still haven't received them. Getting VERY WORRIED !
Animeniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 AM   #172
demonhunter
Kingpin

Well, I think I'm the last one here to get his Schoolgirl Witchblade.

What a long long wait it was......

Here are my pics.

As Tony the Tiger says, It's Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #173
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

...moore really knows his skin tones...excellent.
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #174
Xaerius
The Herculoids

3 Questions Regarding Authenticity...Pictures Included

I know it is 6 years since this thread has been active but I'm hoping that one of you may have an opinion as to the authenticity of a "Witchblade Schoolgirl" statue that I bought recently.

The problems that I have with the statue itself, as visible in the included images, are:

- the skin colour seems to be very red (as compared to the few remaining pictures in this thread)

- there are markings on one leg and near the wrist that make me wonder if this was a "recast" because I've never seen such markings on a CSMoore Statue. There are also paint bleeds around the blouse as well as an unfinished area of paint on the base.

- The statue came attached to the base; not removeable and one of the shoes has a small chip in it. Were these statues shipped glued onto the base?

- Lastly, the styrofoam that the statue shipped in does not have the CSM monogram that all my other CSMoore statues have but I don't know if he started doing that after this statue had been released.

I realize these types of things can happen from time to time but I was just wondering if any of you may know if this is a real piece or a possible counterfeit.

I have attached a few of the pictures below.

Thank you for your time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	79372

Name:	IMG_0165.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	79373

Name:	IMG_0166.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	79374

Name:	IMG_0168.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	79375

Name:	IMG_0169.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	79376
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #175
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Hey man,

This is the variant, red skirt, which was a Statue forum exclusive. I have the same statue. Mine is absolutely fine. I haven't noticed the "dimpling" on the arm you show in the pictures but to be honest I don't know I would have noticed it back there anyway. The mark on the back of the knee looks like an attempt to cover up some missing paint. Re: the base, I can't see any missing paint in the photo you show. As for the redder complexion, I believe mine is red-toned, as is the bikini witchblade. I don't have the blue-skirted version to compare those though. All that said I think the styrofoam used back then was sturdy and contained the logo, but I'd need to check to make sure. Not sure if that helps, but that's my take.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:44 AM   #176
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Thank you for your help, Johnneeukca!

The unpainted areas of the base that I was referring to were in a couple of the shapes that were supposed to be painted green but were only partially done.

The styrofoam is definitely rather rigid but there is no monogram on it and, suspiciously, there is also no COA in the box. Of course, I don't know if all CS Moore pieces come with a COA although a few of mine do have them.

I also have the Witchblade Bikini version and the complexion on her is quite a bit lighter than the complexion on the Red Schoolgirl Variant.

I suppose it is really hard to know if something is legitimate if it isn't being purchased from the company directly or from known board members.

Have a great night and thanks again for your message!
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote