Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-20-2007, 04:41 AM   #1
xreynoldsxcorex
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Got Rock Band!!

We had a very easy time tonight getting this at walmart. Showed up at 8 and was told they had plenty. Came back at 1145 and there were a few people before us, only one for Rock Band, one for Beyonce, and to my astonishment 3 for Die Hard. Nothing against McClane but I don't find him worthy of a midnight release.

Anyways I heard that the Best Buy launch here didn't have enough to go around. So you are looking and your town is anything like mine Walmart had alot and there were few to pick them up.

Good luck.
Rock can't wait.
xreynoldsxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
HelloKinky
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Of course you did cause no ones gonna run out and pay $170 that. Even though it's a great deal. I managed to play it at my BB and it was meh ok at best. Drums are the crappiest parts out of the whole package, the guitar though is very solid much more so then Guitar Hero's. I can see many ppl waiting for this to come out alone so they can just get it with a guitar instead of playing that much cash.

So yeah rock CAN wait.
HelloKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKinky View Post
Of course you did cause no ones gonna run out and pay $170 that. Even though it's a great deal. I managed to play it at my BB and it was meh ok at best. Drums are the crappiest parts out of the whole package, the guitar though is very solid much more so then Guitar Hero's. I can see many ppl waiting for this to come out alone so they can just get it with a guitar instead of playing that much cash.

So yeah rock CAN wait.
LOL..Nah! No ones gonna go out and buy it. Just a billion people. Apparently anyways. I was at Best Buy earlier today and saw at least 3 sell in the ten minutes I was there. Later, when I was at Gamestop, I saw at least five sell in a matter of minutes. I'm surprised TBH, but these things are flying off the shelves. No interest in it for me.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
xreynoldsxcorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKinky View Post

So yeah rock CAN wait.
Well it works best if you have friends. So sorry.
I should have been more considerate with my post.
Apologies.
xreynoldsxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #5
HelloKinky

I didn't mean like ppl didn't want it at all I'm just saying the price itself while reasonably priced is still gonna hold back a lot of ppl. Not everyone is like you or me that have decent enough jobs to spend on this either. I saw many preorders go as well. But at the same time I saw many families see that and still opt for Guitar Hero just cause they didnt' know any better.
I only said that's why he had an easy time. So you saw it sell in less then a min. Doesn't mean a minute of fighting for each one.

And no worries I didn't even think about that I figured one day you feel like guitaring another drumming or another singing. It's a great package.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

I don't know anything about this other than what it is. What is the deal with the music on it? Is it like Guitar Hero? Do you make up your own music?
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #7
HelloKinky

It's like Guitar Hero only too the 3rd power. You get a guitar and drums and a mic. You can either play guitars, bass, drums or sing. Or do all at once if you have ppl over or over the net. That's the biggest draw to it at least. Has a lot of master tracks as well much like Guitar Hero.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #8
feste

So far I love the music, the drums are tough--mostly the foot pedal, and the guitar isn't as fun as GH. I have no interest in the vocals. Right now, I'm not completely sold on its magnificence and I might put it up on ebay.
feste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #9
noseeb13
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

I got this for the drum set and I like the list of tracks. But I will be getting friends together to have a "band".
noseeb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #10
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

While the drums can be worthwhile when going solo, you truly need at least another person to enjoy Rock Band. Which is the great thing about online gaming, you don't need all your friends to have synchronized free time.

So far I love the drums, still working 'em on easy, but I've made a ton of progress. I can nail most of the songs I've played so far with 85% - 93%; so I'll probably be stepping it up to medium before long.

As a side note, there's already a few tracks available for download.
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote