Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 01-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #21
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Can you use Aves on top of Sulpty to fix a crack then rebake? I also read about Fixit on the Aves site, would that be better to use?
i dont think its safe to bake aves. Least from what i read in the past. But you can use any aves to fix anything thats finished bakeing.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #22
HELLION
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Fast question on the sculpty.

I just bought some for the first time, and sorta building a box like structure. So i rolled out my sculpty and cut pieces out. Now i baked them and going to sand them down and have them piece together.

Can i piece them together with sculpty and bake it again, or is it better to use aves and not over bake the pieces i cut and sand up? Sorta new to it and want to make sure i dont blow the piece up.
Quote:
I have a similar question as V.V.

Can you use Aves on top of Sulpty to fix a crack then rebake? I also read about Fixit on the Aves site, would that be better to use?
I've used both Aves and FIXIT to make repairs, added sculpty to another section and baked, it holds up fine with no cracks or seperation
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #23
HELLION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
i dont think its safe to bake aves. Least from what i read in the past. But you can use any aves to fix anything thats finished bakeing.
Maybe... I'm no expert and to be fair it has been small areas I'm talking about baking.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #24
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Hmm ok thanks. More or less the walls of my box sculpt is done. Allmost about 1/4 inch thick atm, since i didnt have a rolling pin and used a wine bottle to roll out the sculpty.

Ill just play it safe and sand those walls down and then use aves to connect and fine tune.

Sorta trying out the sculpty and enjoying it so far for certain projects.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #25
adee
Green Arrow

Thanks guys. I'm playing around with Sculpty and after baking it once one of the legs cracked. no matter how much sculpty I try to add I can't seem to fix it. It craked all the way through. I think I'll give the fixit a try if for nothing else just to experiment. I appreciate the help.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #26
Veritas
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm playing around with Sculpty and after baking it once one of the legs cracked. no matter how much sculpty I try to add I can't seem to fix it. It craked all the way through. I think I'll give the fixit a try if for nothing else just to experiment. I appreciate the help.
As much as it may pain you to do... I'd recommend dremmeling out the entire crack (about 1/4" wide) in the entire crack and then filling it with Aves. My Berzerkers legs broke at least three times and that's what I had to do. The bonus is that it's much stronger afterwards.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #27
HELLION

Quote:
Your welcome and you should try it out for yourself, everyone will have a different take or need for this product.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #28
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
As much as it may pain you to do... I'd recommend dremmeling out the entire crack (about 1/4" wide) in the entire crack and then filling it with Aves. My Berzerkers legs broke at least three times and that's what I had to do. The bonus is that it's much stronger afterwards.
thanks Veritas, I'm a little embarrassed to say that I wouldn't have a cue on how to do what you're advising, but I appreciate the advice lol
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:13 PM   #29
Juggernaut
The Falcon

What is the difference between Apoxie sculpt and Apoxie clay?
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #30
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Does anyone know where I can get some good pin's for pinning a kit?
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote