Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-01-2018, 11:09 PM   #9131
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordthanos View Post
Now that SS has seen where most of the breaks are(where the knee bends), do you think that they will correct this issue(to thin) on the replacements? Assuming that they must build more bodies to replace!
I don't know if that'll be the case. I know Sideshow didn't do this maliciously, and I think like some here have said, rotocasting can be kind of random.

Based on the email I got from Sideshow, it sounds as though the replacements are still in production.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:09 PM   #9132
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
Any way to adjust the loin cloth? Seems pretty fixed to me. Its really noticeable. grrrrr.
That would bug me too. It's not adjustable and that loin cloth is super delicate.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:30 PM   #9133
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Too bad your happy about not investing in this guy because this piece blows a lot of statues out of the water..The Sculpt on this is incredible and pictures and videos don't truly show this.That's why people over look some of minor flaws because its that good.

And yes..its a Masterpiece!

Flaws are flaws no matter how good a piece is. It's the execution that makes it a masterpiece.
That said.
Love your pic. Looks like he is going to come to life and turn your light switch off.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:40 PM   #9134
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I don't know if that'll be the case. I know Sideshow didn't do this maliciously, and I think like some here have said, rotocasting can be kind of random.

Based on the email I got from Sideshow, it sounds as though the replacements are still in production.
You don't put all the time and money into something like this... including some pretty decent paint jobs just to screw the pooch on the cast thickness. I am pretty sure they will do their best to fix this as they go. Maybe even add some more resin to the production.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:43 PM   #9135
adee
Green Arrow

Is the breakage issue really wide spread? I don't do facebook and this place is my only source for such things.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:47 PM   #9136
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Hopefully they are using a rotocast gimbal and not just turning it by hand.

Hollow cast is the only way to go on large statues, but I think an added step of filling them with rigid foam would go a long way in supporting the areas that are thin.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:49 PM   #9137
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Bought the Thanos pedestal today and I don't even own the Maquette lol. Will display it with xm Thanos until the maquette goes onsale.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:52 PM   #9138
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Is the breakage issue really wide spread? I don't do facebook and this place is my only source for such things.
Based on the amount we are seeing here it would appear to be a decent % of pieces being shipped. I suppose it’s a smallish sample size but I find it hard to believe that all the people here getting statues with a problem are just the unlucky few.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:00 AM   #9139
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Actually, I don't think it is. How many breakage have we seen on this forum? 3, 4? I've seen one on FB and it the same from one here. I think there are more good ones than bad. As always, the negative takes the front seat. However, it is unfortunate for a statue of this cost to have issues.

BTW, here's a comparison of Thanos size with another SS 1/4 statue.

Thanos 6' 7" Rhino 6'5" based on Marvel.com stats

Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:01 AM   #9140
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
I doubt it. Problem statues are always going to get more attention.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote