Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Could Hulk ever pick up Mjolnir
yes 19 20.00%
no 76 80.00%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #151
Crossbonez74
I am da law!

I imagine the Hulk could tunnel under Mjolnir and pick up the ground under the hammer. So technically he is able to "pick it up".
Crossbonez74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #152
redhulk27
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

The movie wasn't worthy, and Chris Hemsworth had no problem picking up Mjolnir. So Hulk should be able to pick it up with ease.
redhulk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #153
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhulk27 View Post
The movie wasn't worthy, and Chris Hemsworth had no problem picking up Mjolnir. So Hulk should be able to pick it up with ease.

Really? You didn't like the movie? I thought it was at least tied with Incredible Hulk for 2nd place (behind Iron Man) for Marvel movies...
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #154
redhulk27
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post

Really? You didn't like the movie? I thought it was at least tied with Incredible Hulk for 2nd place (behind Iron Man) for Marvel movies...
I like Thor as a character, the movie wasn't that bad it just could have been better, it was too short. Town looked cheaply made, but the Incredible Hulk and Captain America are my Favorite marvel movies, then X-Men First Class.
redhulk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #155
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLion View Post
I voted yes, but I want to qualify it. In Marvel's 'THE ULTIMATES' animated film, he continues to grow angry until he can lift it just enough to whip it away. They did a really good job of showing how there's very little that comes out of an unstoppable force trying to wield an immovable object. So yes, he can pick it up, sort of, at least enough to chuck it away quickly while overburdened. But wield it? That's another story entirely. . .
I don't think the Ultimates comics qualify as they don't take place in the 616 and aren't subjected to the same standards.
As far as this goes the Hulk's strength has no bearing on lifting the Hammer because lifting the hammer is not about strength it's about quality and worthiness of character and the Hulk just doesn't have it.

Last edited by armitage; 08-03-2011 at 05:47 PM.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #156
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I don't think the Ultimates comics qualify as they don't take place in the 616 and aren't subjected to the same standards.
As far as this goes the Hulk's strength has no bearing on lifting the Hammer because lifting the hammer is not about strength it's about quality and worthiness of character and the Hulk just doesn't have it.
99% of the Hulk fans on here agree with Armi; Steve Rogers can pick it up, as has been stated I'm sure.. and maybe someone such as T'Challa or Piotr Rasputin? Can't think of many other heroes who have the strength of character necessary in order to heft it.

Beta Ray Bill could pick it up, I'm sure... and I'd say Norrin Radd, except... he's responsible for the deaths of millions (no hatred here, I love Surfs).
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote