Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 03-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #21
Dark_Knight_89
Statue Forum MacDaddy

hmmmm...

i like it, but it definately doesn't fit in with the line, and I agree that the image used on the Cover Girls Poker set would have been much better for this statue
Dark_Knight_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #22
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

bummed about this one.....
when pics of the others in this line were released I was stoked to pick them up, but this one not so much.

It is nice, but just does not seem to fit.

Sad thing is I will get it. It will be displayed behind the others, but I will get
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #23
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think it's awful personally. I'm not just disappointed, but I actually actively dislike this one.

I also don't think it'll fit in with the rest of the line at all. It'll just make babs look even more like a bad joke, with all of the other characters poses looking so strong and in control, and her looking like a clumsy clown, which is not something I relate to her character at all, despite her humble beginnings.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #24
demonhunter
Kingpin

The sculpt itself is again fantastically done.

Although I agree, the choice of expression was not something I expected.

But as cblakey1 said, it's nice to have variety. A different expression. A different feel.

At the same time, it is a bit of comedic look to it.

Looking at the AH! artwork in the background, this time they kept the bust size. Not shrinking it down like it was on Poison Ivy.

There are lots of good stuff coming out from both Kotobukiya, SideShow and even Bowen in regards to superheroines....I'll have to wait and see, if I want Babs.

Oh, yeah. 1 more thing, you guys said it, the image of Babs on the Poker Set would have been nicer as the basis of the statue.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #25
skorpsta
Ghost

well...i like it..and will get it, im sure she will look good when she is displayed with the rest
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #26
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

I agree that the pose and the sculpt are well done but the face itself is horrible.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #27
Havok85
U talkin' to me?

I'm sorry but I can't help laughing reading some of your guys comments. I know everyone has a right to their opinions but I just don't see how this is horrible. I guess you have to be a fan of this particular style to really appreciate how it looks.

I'm just curious about something though. Has anyone here even heard of Gil Elvgren?
Havok85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #28
jasoncollects
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I was really looking forward to this statue...maybe my hopes were too high, because I'm not liking it.
It's a quality paint job and the sculpting is great, but it's not the Babs that I was hoping for.

Oh well.
jasoncollects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #29
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Regarding the comedic aspect of the statue it does fit with many, many interpretations of the character in the past; hence it is a true depiction of both the character and the source art. In the current DCU Babs is regarded as having been out of place and out of her league as a costumed crime fighter who got by on her exceedinly high intellect which she parlayed into her Oracle persona.

Having said that I wanted a sharp looking Babs to go with the other Gotham Girls. As it stands a display with the three villanesses would look like they will eat her alive.

I am on the fence with this one as I have changed my mind on it about five times since opening this thread.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #30
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

This isn't a line of DC villains/heroines done in a pin-up style (which would be a cool idea for a line of DC female statues). So far each statue in the line has shown the strength and confindence of every DC female character they've taken a crack at. The Batgirl statue just doesn't give the same feeling or reverance to the character as the other statues have done.

Having said that I like the statue. I think it is very well done and plan to purchase it. It's just different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok85 View Post

I'm sorry but I can't help laughing reading some of your guys comments. I know everyone has a right to their opinions but I just don't see how this is horrible. I guess you have to be a fan of this particular style to really appreciate how it looks.

I'm just curious about something though. Has anyone here even heard of Gil Elvgren?
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote