Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Moon Knight vs D1ck Grayson (Nightwing, Batman)
Moon Knight 16 43.24%
D1ck Grayson 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #21
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkvsAll View Post
good points but not what i meant

their is no way batman would beat superman in a one on one fight. i mean batman is smart enough to find weakness in people and defeat them if needed. batman would never fight sups but if sups ever went crazy or out of hand batman would take him down without hesitation and he more then likely has about a dozen ways and plans if the situation arose.

moon knight with powers is obviously stronger then dick but dick is more agile and a lot smarter. he would use moon knights strengths and turn them against him.. moon knight is also a hot head that acts before he thinks. dick would get inside his head easily.

in the end dick would find a way to win.. thats the thing about some dc characters, they don't need powers to be strong, they have natural talent mentally and physically to be on par or better then the super powered friends. not to mention i'm a freaking hulk fan and i'm saying this!!! lol
I don't think this is exactly right.... That Batman is able to defeat Superman is one thing (because Supe's has A LOT of weaknesses, and Bats knows them all, but lets be honest; against someone like Captain Marvel, or Marvel's Thor, he wouldn't stand a chance, no matter how much time he has to prepare), but even if this was not true, remember that DICK IS NOT BRUCE...
First of all, yes, Dick is smart, smarter than Marc, but he's not even close to Bruce-smart, and to say that he is quicker and more agile is nonsense: Marc Spector is a superb gymnast and acrobat, according to Marvel's guidebook. His agility is just as good as Dick's, nothing superhuman, just extermely well-trained. Nothing more. And for him being a hothead, that seems to work well for him, not against him. I personally think Marc would win, because of his experience, but it's all just guess work, they are very well-matched.
Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #22
HulkvsAll
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-Vell View Post
I don't think this is exactly right.... That Batman is able to defeat Superman is one thing (because Supe's has A LOT of weaknesses, and Bats knows them all, but lets be honest; against someone like Captain Marvel, or Marvel's Thor, he wouldn't stand a chance, no matter how much time he has to prepare), but even if this was not true, remember that DICK IS NOT BRUCE...
First of all, yes, Dick is smart, smarter than Marc, but he's not even close to Bruce-smart, and to say that he is quicker and more agile is nonsense: Marc Spector is a superb gymnast and acrobat, according to Marvel's guidebook. His agility is just as good as Dick's, nothing superhuman, just extermely well-trained. Nothing more. And for him being a hothead, that seems to work well for him, not against him. I personally think Marc would win, because of his experience, but it's all just guess work, they are very well-matched.

you have very good points but did you read the comics? from what i can see you have not. not that you did this but i can't stand people who read a paragraph on a marvel site and think they know the character.

first off moon knight constantly makes mistakes and pays for it. that is his character, he messes up a lot and then tries his best to fix things. that what makes his character tragic. as for the guidebook thing, do you know how many character descriptions say someone is extremely agile. like hundreds, robin has better agility then moon knight, that is robin's best asset and what he is known for. each robin had better agility then batman. moon knight is like a spawn character who waits to pounce and loves to sneak up on people. he doesn't flip around and constantly move like dick. he is very direct and he loves to take out people quick. as for being a hothead its doesn't work for him, he is always paying for it in the long run and he never fought someone like dick who plans before getting into a fight. sorry but i have to disagree with you.

dont get me wrong i love moon knight and he is an awesome character but in the end marvels attempt to have their own batman.

and as for the thor and marvel comparison, you are 100 percent correct in a one on one fight. but dick would never take them on unless he found a weakness and planned for it. if they came out of the blue and fought him he would be in deep trouble.

wow i talked a lot about dick and i'm not even a big fan. i actually like moon knight a lot more. i'm not going to debate anymore on this and i said my part. everyone has their own opinion and i will accept yours.

krystal
HulkvsAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #23
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
you have very good points but did you read the comics? from what i can see you have not. not that you did this but i can't stand people who read a paragraph on a marvel site and think they know the character.

first off moon knight constantly makes mistakes and pays for it. that is his character, he messes up a lot and then tries his best to fix things. that what makes his character tragic. as for the guidebook thing, do you know how many character descriptions say someone is extremely agile. like hundreds, robin has better agility then moon knight, that is robin's best asset and what he is known for. each robin had better agility then batman. moon knight is like a spawn character who waits to pounce and loves to sneak up on people. he doesn't flip around and constantly move like dick. he is very direct and he loves to take out people quick. as for being a hothead its doesn't work for him, he is always paying for it in the long run and he never fought someone like dick who plans before getting into a fight. sorry but i have to disagree with you.

and as for the thor and marvel comparison, you are 100 percent correct in a one on one fight. but dick would never take them on unless he found a weakness and planned for it. if they came out of the blue and fought him he would be in deep trouble.

wow i talked a lot about dick and i'm not even a big fan. i actually like moon knight a lot more. i'm not going to debate anymore on this and i said my part. everyone has their own opinion and i will accept yours.

krystal
Hey, if you don't want to debate this anymore, that's fine, but I would like to say this last bit: I actually own the original Moon Knight series, done by Bill Sienciewicz, and I have read them more than once...You are half right, however: I haven't read anything Moon Knight related in the last 15 years. But the Moon Knight I've read in those old comics is the Moon Knight I am talking about, so...

As for Dick being more agile: I know he is more agile than Batman, heck, he was an acrobat before Bruce took him under his wing... But does that automatically mean he would beat Marc? Everybody seems to compare Moon Knight with Batman: Does that mean that Dick could beat Batman too? All I'm saying is that, even IF Dick is more agile, it will only be a little more, so to me it's meaningless. Sure Marc doesn't bounce around so much as Dick, but as you said yourself, he likes to take out someone as quickly as possible: Now, is it just me, or isn't that the better way?

And as for Dick versus Thor and Captain Marvel: That was my whole point: They don't have any weaknesses, or at least none that Dick/Bruce could use against them. Like I said, Dick/Bruce could prepare all they want, they would never be able to defeat them. Not unless they got some SUPER-powers of their own.

That's it.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #24
HulkvsAll
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Hey, if you don't want to debate this anymore, that's fine, but I would like to say this last bit: I actually own the original Moon Knight series, done by Bill Sienciewicz, and I have read them more than once...You are half right, however: I haven't read anything Moon Knight related in the last 15 years. But the Moon Knight I've read in those old comics is the Moon Knight I am talking about, so...

As for Dick being more agile: I know he is more agile than Batman, heck, he was an acrobat before Bruce took him under his wing... But does that automatically mean he would beat Marc? Everybody seems to compare Moon Knight with Batman: Does that mean that Dick could beat Batman too? All I'm saying is that, even IF Dick is more agile, it will only be a little more, so to me it's meaningless. Sure Marc doesn't bounce around so much as Dick, but as you said yourself, he likes to take out someone as quickly as possible: Now, is it just me, or isn't that the better way?

And as for Dick versus Thor and Captain Marvel: That was my whole point: They don't have any weaknesses, or at least none that Dick/Bruce could use against them. Like I said, Dick/Bruce could prepare all they want, they would never be able to defeat them. Not unless they got some SUPER-powers of their own.

That's it.
whaaat? seriously

did you miss the whole moon knight going into something with thinking part? that is his downfall and the whole point of my conversation. moon knight would not even come close to beating batman. are you kidding me? He is compared to him but nothing like him!! batman is calm and relaxed, thinks through things and is prepared for pretty much anything. Not to mention one of the best hand to hand combat artist on the planet. moon knight fights nothing like him and again he as for the whole acrobat part, i was only comparing dick to batman because they work together. And every character has a weakness i hate to tell you, even thor and by the way his weakness is thinking he is unstoppable, he is very gullible and he is not very smart to boot. man you boys never seem to think outside of the box, its to funny.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #25
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
whaaat? seriously

did you miss the whole moon knight going into something with thinking part? that is his downfall and the whole point of my conversation. moon knight would not even come close to beating batman. are you kidding me? He is compared to him but nothing like him!! batman is calm and relaxed, thinks through things and is prepared for pretty much anything. Not to mention one of the best hand to hand combat artist on the planet. moon knight fights nothing like him and again he as for the whole acrobat part, i was only comparing dick to batman because they work together. And every character has a weakness i hate to tell you, even thor and by the way his weakness is thinking he is unstoppable, he is very gullible and he is not very smart to boot. man you boys never seem to think outside of the box, its to funny.
I never said Marc could beat Batman. All I said was that Marc's fighting-style is less acrobatic than Dick's. But so is Batman's. And as for Batman being one of the best hand to hand combatants on the planet: That's only a fabrication of the last 10 years. Before that, I remember him getting his @$$ kicked, QUITE EASILY, by Deathstroke the Terminator. And, if you read my post correctly, I said that Thor doesn't have a weakness that Bruce can exploit. And Thor isn't dumb. Compared to Batman he IS unstoppable...Bats would need something like a Green Lantern ring to defeat Thor.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #26
HulkvsAll
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I never said Marc could beat Batman. All I said was that Marc's fighting-style is less acrobatic than Dick's. But so is Batman's. And as for Batman being one of the best hand to hand combatants on the planet: That's only a fabrication of the last 10 years. Before that, I remember him getting his @$$ kicked, QUITE EASILY, by Deathstroke the Terminator. And, if you read my post correctly, I said that Thor doesn't have a weakness that Bruce can exploit. And Thor isn't dumb. Compared to Batman he IS unstoppable...Bats would need something like a Green Lantern ring to defeat Thor.
you didn't say mark could beat batman, you said does that mean dick could? i am saying marc can't beat dick let alone batman. i am sorry to say but you can not say that batman cant find a weakness in thor. how would anyone know unless it happened. and thor is not the smartest cookie in the jar. he rely's on his powers for everything and just runs in the middle of the fights. the avengers have had to save his a$$$ countless times because he doesnt think.

I can't even say hulk would beat batman because bruce wayne could potentially find a weakness in hulk as well. i would never insinuate hulk would beat bruce because we have no idea.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #27
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Quote:
you didn't say mark could beat batman, you said does that mean dick could? i am saying marc can't beat dick let alone batman. i am sorry to say but you can not say that batman cant find a weakness in thor. how would anyone know unless it happened. and thor is not the smartest cookie in the jar. he rely's on his powers for everything and just runs in the middle of the fights. the avengers have had to save his a$$$ countless times because he doesnt think.
No, as I said before DICK IS NOT BRUCE. Just that Marc couldn't beat Bruce has nothing to do with Marc beating Dick. I just mentioned his fighting-style, nothing more. And as I said 2 times before, even if Bats could find a weakness, it's not as if Bats could ever use it against Thor. So what if Thor relies on his powers, so what if he just storms into fights...There is STILL nothing I can see that Bats can use to defeat him. And you keep saying Thor is stupid...He isn't.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #28
HulkvsAll
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
No, as I said before DICK IS NOT BRUCE. Just that Marc couldn't beat Bruce has nothing to do with Marc beating Dick. I just mentioned his fighting-style, nothing more. And as I said 2 times before, even if Bats could find a weakness, it's not as if Bats could ever use it against Thor. So what if Thor relies on his powers, so what if he just storms into fights...There is STILL nothing I can see that Bats can use to defeat him. And you keep saying Thor is stupid...He isn't.
yes dick is not bruce, he is his own character with his own style, the whole batman comparison is long over for dick and he has become a hero on his own and bruce sees him as an equel and he has been extremely successful in his comic runs as nightwing and still better then moon knight. thor is not unstoppable, he loses constantly and batman could find a way to beat him, not physically but by weapons and trickery. and you think thor is smart? please i would love to see examples. if he wasnt a god and relied on his brain hahahahaha he would die in his first fight. why do you think Loki beats him constantly with powers and brute force? no with his brain hmmm. but overall batman would lose to thor 95% of the time but you can't say he has no chance, batman could find a way. fighting a god would just suck when only being human.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #29
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

2 Newbs fighting it out....

Oh and LOL! @ you thinking any version of the Hulk could even hurt a Pre-Crisis Superman.....
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #30
HulkvsAll
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
2 Newbs fighting it out....

Oh and LOL! @ you thinking any version of the Hulk could even hurt a Pre-Crisis Superman.....
yes ohh wise one who thinks he knows everything because he spends his life away on a statue site.

i can confidently say i know more about comics then you do with a library of over 10,000. grow up and get over yourself. i read all superman comics and i will still stick with my opinion, that wwh could with out a doubt hang with pre-crisis superman. pre-crisis never had a challenge with the crap villains thrown at him during that era. he never met hulk of this era. if superman does not take hulk out in the beginning of the fight he will lose with every second that passes.