Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Black Adam vs The X-Men
Black Adam. But its not easy 22 44.00%
The Uncanny X-Men. But its not easy. 28 56.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #21
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Adam could clean house with all street level and all mid level DC guys in droves but when the big guns come in then they put him in his place. The WW3 story was not well written that well IMO. Villains will always lose no matter how much power they have.

yeah, obviously. And winning against such a powerful villain will make characters look more heroic.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #22
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Sorry all but Sup's would kick his ass all around the DCU.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #23
Raven1014
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Black Adam is in the Hulk level strength (don't matter which one is the stronger for this argument). Hulk wiped the floor with the X-Men in the WWH:X-Men mini. With Phoenix maybe, but since she's currently dead, I say Black Adam all the way.
Raven1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #24
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1014 View Post
Black Adam is in the Hulk level strength (don't matter which one is the stronger for this argument). Hulk wiped the floor with the X-Men in the WWH:X-Men mini. With Phoenix maybe, but since she's currently dead, I say Black Adam all the way.
If I recall the Professor didn't have his mind powers or refused to use them. He could have easily put the Hulk's mind out. Like I said it just depends on the line up. A Nightcrawler Rogue combo could put Adam out long enough for one of the mind jocks (Phoenix) to put him under. All other Xmen would be used to slow him down. If they don't have this they get wrecked.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #25
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
I read the same comics you read and I come away confused by the inconsistancy I find. From all that I know and have read of Black Adam I can't see him manhandling half the characters he took out in WW3. My beef is with the writers and their lack of memory and knowledge. This same craziness is going on in the current Hulk with the Red Hulk beating down a Watcher. I hope that you see that the writers really screw things up rather than blindly accepting everything they publish.
I'm with you on this one Makk. The inconsistency in writing comics over the years is one of the biggest reasons that I've had such a hard time reading them for the last several years. One time a character can do about anything he wants in a fight, and the next time they bring the character back, he or she gets their butts handed to them by "Too Much Coffee Man!"

While I think that Black Adam would wipe out most of the X-Men if he faced them, if the Phoenix was involved, he would probably loose out in the end.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #26
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I'm with you on this one Makk. The inconsistency in writing comics over the years is one of the biggest reasons that I've had such a hard time reading them for the last several years. One time a character can do about anything he wants in a fight, and the next time they bring the character back, he or she gets their butts handed to them by "Too Much Coffee Man!"

While I think that Black Adam would wipe out most of the X-Men if he faced them, if the Phoenix was involved, he would probably loose out in the end.
Very wel said.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #27
VickBamf
Frackin!

This is a toughy, but I'd have to side with Black Adam for this one. Mainly because I think the X-men have 2 much compassion, and would try to neutralise him rather then go for the kill- whereas Black Adam just wouldn't care.

Although, if Dark Phoenix was there then it may be a different matter
VickBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #28
bat_collector
Galactus

makarri, I think the proffessor AND emma couldn't effect the angry hulk in WWHulk Xmen
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #29
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickBamf View Post
This is a toughy, but I'd have to side with Black Adam for this one. Mainly because I think the X-men have 2 much compassion, and would try to neutralise him rather then go for the kill- whereas Black Adam just wouldn't care.

If Dark Phoenix was invloved, it WOULD be a differnet matter, no maybe's about it. All the pictures of Black Adam tearing guys in half, would be reversed, adn it would be BA getting torn in half by Dark Phoenix. She is just as blood thirsty as he is if not more so...
Old 07-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #30
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickBamf View Post

If Dark Phoenix was invloved, it WOULD be a different matter, no maybe's about it. All the pictures of Black Adam tearing guys in half, would be reversed, and it would be BA getting torn in half by Dark Phoenix. She is just as blood thirsty as he is if not more so...