Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Can Juggernaut Pull Thor's hammer?
Juggernaut pulls the hammer and claims Nothing can Stop The Juggernaut 10 17.24%
Juggernaut can't do it Mjolnir can't be moved by no living being. 37 63.79%
Adamantium cable snaps in two. 9 15.52%
The Earth shatters under the stain with no winner. 4 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #11
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Tied to Mjolnir, Juggernaut becomes as immovable as the Blob. He can't budge Mjolnir.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Aboey View Post
I think I'm saying that when Cain and the Gem bond, the whole is greater than the sum of their parts. And I excluded Cosmics. Give me specific Skyfathers...

If the statement is "cannot", I disagree. I think "would not" is more appropriate. Such a weapon is useless to Juggernaut. It would be like Superman using Green Lantern's ring.

Worthy, Schmorthy!
Say Lord Odin and Lord Zeus
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Cyttorak is as powerful as Odin...(at least) Juggy lays the hammer down, and drags the hammer....
Are you saying he drags it (which is moving it)?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #14
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Are you saying he drags it (which is moving it)?
I'm saying that I don't know....I'm pulling your chain....with Mjolnir tied to the end of it.

I think he should be able to, based on the way the characters were originally written. IMO, Juggernaut's power should be able to overcome the enchantment placed on it by Odin. Like I said, Odin was used more as a loud hostage back in the late sixties and seventies when I really read comics the most, and he has gotten a lot more powerful as stories and writers needed him to be. Zeus was also another powerful hostage waiting to happen. Yeah, I'm not going by exact issue numbers here, and I'm sure that most people will disagree with me on this, because they like Odin, and Thor more than they like Cyttorak and the Juggernaut.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #15
Bob Aboey
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Say Lord Odin and Lord Zeus
Hmmm... that's interesting. They are the creme de la creme, yes?

My instinct is to say that Juggy beat's them both, but not at the same time or anything.

I think lore would have you believe that Odin and Zeus are the top dogs of the top dogs (other than ethnic origin, what are their differences?) and for that reason, a scenario where Juggernaut is faced with throwing down against either of the two is unlikely.

BUT...

Unless they have some Infinity Gauntlet-esque power whereby they could blink him out of existence (even then, it'd be interesting to see how the gem responds) I'd say Juggernaut. Again, don't believe the nonsense that chumps like Wolverine or Thing stand toe to toe with Juggernaut. He'd destroy either of those guys without breaking stride... but I digress.

If he so desired, Juggernaut would give a prostate exam to Thor, Odin, Zeus, or whomever else wants one, with Mjolnir.
Bob Aboey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #16
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:

My instinct is to say that Juggy beat's them both, but not at the same time or anything.

I think lore would have you believe that Odin and Zeus are the top dogs of the top dogs (other than ethnic origin, what are their differences?) and for that reason, a scenario where Juggernaut is faced with throwing down against either of the two is unlikely.

BUT...

Unless they have some Infinity Gauntlet-esque power whereby they could blink him out of existence (even then, it'd be interesting to see how the gem responds) I'd say Juggernaut. Again, don't believe the nonsense that chumps like Wolverine or Thing stand toe to toe with Juggernaut. He'd destroy either of those guys without breaking stride... but I digress.

If he so desired, Juggernaut would give a prostate exam to Thor, Odin, Zeus, or whomever else wants one, with Mjolnir.

Dude...I like the way you think! But, I'm sure we are in the minority on the opinions expressed in your post.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #17
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:

BUT...

Surely you jest in saying that Juggernaut can beat Lord Odin or Lord Zeus. Juggernaut is a mere shadow of Cyttorak's power just as Mjolnir is of Odin's power. It would fair to compair Odin to Cyttorak not Odin to Cyttorak's lacky. Juggernaut will fall hard to either Odin or Zeus.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #18
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

juggernauts powerful theres no denying that, but odin is in an entirely different level.

i think people are getting carried away with the whole nothing stops the juggernaut thing. in the who could kill the juggernaut thread someone said that galactus would not be able to kill him.

the gem of cyttorak has nothing on the infinity guantlet
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #19
Bob Aboey
I am da law!

Quote:
Dude...I like the way you think! But, I'm sure we are in the minority on the opinions expressed in your post.
We gotta fight the good fight!

Listen, nothing in Marvel's history has upset me more the the continual sissification (Heck yeah, its a word!) of The Juggernaut. He is a borderline sociopath with inexpendable (yeah, that's a word, too!) strength and stamina. Furthermore, it has always been that way! (I'm looking at you, New Hulk that can breath underwater, regenerate, and perform microsurgery) Hulk falls to Juggernaut. Thor falls to Juggernaut. Wolverine is knocked into another dimension by Juggernaut. Juggernaut is unstopable! Get his helmet off and screw with his head... that I can accept because that is his weakness. But don't talk to me about standing toe to toe with him because the arguement is flawed at its inception. Even Superman falls to Juggernaut because of the whole magic thing...
Bob Aboey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #20
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
You honestly believe Juggs can take down Odin or Zeus? Dude I've lost you to madness.