Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #31
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
The pole won't be there on the final product...it is still a work in progress. I really don't like the base...
Yeah I couldn't imagine them leaving it that way.

I'm not crazy about the base either. I'm not exactly sure what it is. Looks like a weapon x type thing but that doesn't make a lot of sense for a tiger stripe. Also it's pretty overwhelming. If that's the final positioning it's a real space hog.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #32
ambasah
Red Skull

IS rationalized their decision to give him the same base as weapon x by saying he "came back".

sigh...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #33
aa909
The Green Hornet

The challenge with this piece is that a lot of folks have the blue wolverine from XM and/or the recent Hulk Dio and this doesn't scratch an itch. You also have the solid brown wolverine from SS, the new brown wolvie coming from XM and probably one soon from Prime1. It's Wolvie overload LOL!! Otherwise it is a pretty damned cool statue!!
aa909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #34
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
The challenge with this piece is that a lot of folks have the blue wolverine from XM and/or the recent Hulk Dio and this doesn't scratch an itch. You also have the solid brown wolverine from SS, the new brown wolvie coming from XM and probably one soon from Prime1. It's Wolvie overload LOL!! Otherwise it is a pretty damned cool statue!!
That's what I thought when I saw this and the Prime 1 Captain America. If these companies want to get into the Marvel 1/4 line then give us characters we've never seen before!
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #35
gokuvegeta
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
when need a movie wolverine, enough of this comic wolverine
gokuvegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:09 AM   #36
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
and don't forget the customs...there's like 4 or 5 you can get right now!
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:24 PM   #37
adee
Green Arrow

Anyone hear some news on this piece? Came across the pics again while surfing and the figure is really great. I'm kinda hoping they reconsider the base and have a similar wilderness type theme but the pose is just killer.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #38
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Anyone hear some news on this piece? Came across the pics again while surfing and the figure is really great. I'm kinda hoping they reconsider the base and have a similar wilderness type theme but the pose is just killer.
I'm waiting to see how they'll address the potential leaning issues.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:34 AM   #39
craigcliff1
Zot

looks great. Video on Facebook
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #40
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Not a fan of the base on this and considering I have XM Wolverine which is similar I'll pass. I also don't like that this base and Weapon X are the same. Very strange.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote