Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-10-2015, 01:13 AM   #21
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

'Spider-Man' Swings to Marvel Studios in Major Sony Partnership - The Hollywood Reporter

I had issues with the Amazing Spider-Man movies especially the second one but I was hoping they would bring Andrew Garfield back.

Despite him being more Ultimate universe Peter than the 616 Marvel universe Peter, I think he did good with the role. But looks like he is not expected to reprise the character.

And from the article:

"To make room for Spider-Man, Marvel has pushed back a number of its films.

Thor: Ragnarock has been moved to Nov. 3, 2017 from its July 28, 2017 date. Black Panther will now open July 6, 2018, moving from Nov. 3, 2017. Captain Marvel moved to Nov. 2, 2018 from July 6, 2018, while Inhumans is slotted for July 12, 2019, from its original Nov. 2, 2018 date."
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:22 AM   #22
Mario Wario
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
'Spider-Man' Swings to Marvel Studios in Major Sony Partnership - The Hollywood Reporter

I had issues with the Amazing Spider-Man movies especially the second one but I was hoping they would bring Andrew Garfield back.

Despite him being more Ultimate universe Peter than the 616 Marvel universe Peter, I think he did good with the role. But looks like he is not expected to reprise the character.

And from the article:

"To make room for Spider-Man, Marvel has pushed back a number of its films.

Thor: Ragnarock has been moved to Nov. 3, 2017 from its July 28, 2017 date. Black Panther will now open July 6, 2018, moving from Nov. 3, 2017. Captain Marvel moved to Nov. 2, 2018 from July 6, 2018, while Inhumans is slotted for July 12, 2019, from its original Nov. 2, 2018 date."
That is a shame. That's the only sad thing in my book when studying this deal. Too bad he couldn't be back. Also, I highly doubt it, but I wonder if they can still have Spidey in Cap 3 now the deal is official? Never know, the writers for that film could have written a different section in the script that included him while writing another without him, regardless what have been said recently. We'll see.

Update: Looks like Spidey will be in Cap 3. Cool!
Mario Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:51 AM   #23
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Imagine the possibilities, the Hulk crossing paths with Spider-Man like in the comics. It could to be so awesome and hilarious .

I currently have no names in mind for fan castings, but it needs to be someone young definitely below their 20s.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:16 AM   #24
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Wait? It's not April 1st yet so I guess....

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:53 AM   #25
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Well it now looks like Spidey will be appearing in Civil War but will remain under the control of Sony. He will the. Get his first solo movie after Civil War.

John Campea will be going through this in greater detail tonight.

http://www.gamesradar.com/sony-confi...atic-universe/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:18 AM   #26
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Interesting news. I didnt think I'd see that happen. Garfield has grown on me, so I'd be ok with him coming back, but they seem to be suggesting he's done.

On a side note, I never bought the idea of Peter revealing his identity in CW. I'm not sure if that's his role in a CW movie, but it would make sense if they're following the book at all. Ah well...they can just do a mulligan on it like Marvel did. Never happened!
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #27
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Man

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/...#ixzz3RLBxkLSh

Quote:
arvel's Kevin Feige to Produce Next Installment of the Spider-Man Franchise with Amy Pascal

(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel's world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other Super Heroes in the MCU.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

"We always want to collaborate with the best and most successful filmmakers to grow our franchises and develop our characters. Marvel, Kevin Feige and Amy, who helped orchestrate this deal, are the perfect team to help produce the next chapter of Spider-Man," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. "This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans."

"Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's story into the future," added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.

"I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel's involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years."

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/...#ixzz3RLC35jLC
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #28
SONICobra
Batman

i wonder what this means for the venom movie if anything
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:58 PM   #29
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

This is pretty awesome news! I'm guessing if they follow the Civil War storyline in Cap 3, then it makes sense for Spidey to appear.

Iron Man, Cap AND Spidey in one film...wow!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #30
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I really liked Garfield as Parker. But still good news. If they do another Spidey origin movie though I'm gonna throw up.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote