Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-19-2017, 10:31 PM   #91
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

That's a reason I question it being so perfectly correct as claimed. Let's say I take you and scaled you down to half your size. You'd still be you just half your size, and you'd need that 1/2 anubis and horus to be properly scaled down to fit your still properly proportioned but 1/2 sized body. I don't understand why I'm not seeing exact duplicates of 1:1 Anubis and Horus in 1:2 form, if it's a result of the scaling process or if so much ---- goes into creating this that they stopped caring and said "good enough!"

The end of Horus's tassels don't match up, either. Again, maybe a result of the scaling process but I feel that is not the case.

This angle is particularly bad because it shows how inaccurate the tassels and chest are. Look at how far apart the tassels are no thanks to the chest.

I don't think it will affect my decision to buy them, even though it should. But I like to be fair about things, as much as producers probably hate that LOL. I just hope that they reconsider the lack of love that was put into these, unlike the 1:1s. It's clear the half scales are the red headed step childs but for the price they should be better...I rather have inaccurate paint apps than inaccurate parts :x
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:50 PM   #92
Kefka2200

Those pics do look drastically different than each other. Could the chest piece be assembled wrong? I dont know how many pieces go into these.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #93
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Are they not having distributors for these in Europe that could get you them cheaper? I know shipping overseas has gone up incredibilly the last few years. I used to sell 30-40% overseas now I hardly ever do.

Sadly not, we tend to get ripped off by local stores also, although none have these yet. And them they wont have the discount for buying both.

Looking at those comparison pictures, there's a lot of differences. Strange, the shape at the bottom especially. The tassels are very ridged also, maybe they're adjustable, or not positioned correctly for those images. These still look really nice however.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #94
Enforcer

Yeah I feel I really have no choice but to grab them. I'm really just thinking out loud and being hopeful the issues are fixed for production. For the price asked there should be no compromises, but it might be a case where compromises were forced in order to make the product. I don't know because we don't have that CC connection anymore. I know they are still popping in here time from time but we're no longer included in the process. I guess I liked it better when speculation was at a minimum. Now it's going to be quite the norm.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #95
cratercritter
The Spirit

1:2 scale are a bit different to the 1:1 scale. No big deal. They are still great pieces. Thankyou Chronicle Collectibles for producing these.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #96
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

I would have to assume these 1/2 pieces are getting made as more of a single piece where the 1/1s need assembled which may account for some variance.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #97
Enforcer

I hope so. I hate the idea of paying to ship multiple boxes...as an American I know right off the bat shipping is $50 for one CC box. But this isn't the typical CC release. I imagine the box will be quite large.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:22 PM   #98
Furyan
Mephisto

If I could get just the mask heads,side head "wing" pieces and the tassles Id be super happy. Would hang those on my wall. Ever thought of this CC?
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #99
Python
Omega Red

These are up on CDUK for UK buyers..... $2200 if you want both!

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk...met-58-cm.html

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk...met-69-cm.html
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #100
clutch
Sailor Moon

Lolz!

Having never been to the site, I was amazed at all the stuff they had to offer until I moused over the first item that said sold out. I hate mystery boxes on the web.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote