Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #21
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
Right because sifting through a bunch of comments on these forums and quotes of other peoples posts is not a time consuming chore or boring as hell.
Guys, I swear I sometimes think some of you have a difficult time grasping concepts. What part of not wanting to re-read old posts (over and over, at that) until I find what's actually new you don't understand? And do you really re-read quoted posts in their entirety? I know I don't. It's not drama, it's valuing my time (and sanity).
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #22
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Social media means EVERYTHING social media. That includes forums (like here), FB, FB collectors group and instagram. I haven't decided what I want to do with twitter yet. You can always join FB. You don't even have to use your real name, etc. Joining FB is the same as joining here.
Only until they catch you and deactivate your account.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #23
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Only until they catch you and deactivate your account.
I don't think that's an issue. I've actually had a nicknamed account just for these things for quite some time.

Yes, this old curmudgeon does use FB when he has to. Even though it's (all together now) a time-consuming yadda yadda.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:31 PM   #24
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Ever since the new FB group I spend a lot less time in the PCS section of the forum. It's nice because I don't have to go through the pages of nonsense that you find on these forums. I think they reach a lot more people that way too.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:40 PM   #25
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegameman2011 View Post
I think they reach a lot more people that way too.
That's undeniable. That's why I think that even though they may still hang around here in some form, there's no going back, as it's in their best interest to use FB as a social platform.

Lots of nonsense over there, too, though.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:53 PM   #26
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

The Facebook group is amazing. This forum is amazing. I go to both this forum and the Facebook page. This forum is amazing as well. Yes it may seem to not have as many posts as usual but as Red said earlier this forum isn't going to be forgotten. Facebook to me seems to be the easiest way to convey information. There's an app. You wanna post a pic. Post it. You wanna reply or get someone's attention. Tag them. That's just my personal take on it.
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:53 PM   #27
CreativeArtFan
Fantastic Four

"Joining FB is the same as joining here."

That opinion is one hell of an overstatement...
CreativeArtFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #28
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeArtFan View Post
"Joining FB is the same as joining here."

That opinion is one hell of an overstatement...

Hell yeah...

I fought against it for years, but finally gave up and joined in order to have a more direct line to my XM guy and stay on top of the custom scene. I do not use it to stay in touch with family, friends, coworkers, etc. As a matter of fact, when they ask if I have one, I say NO.

The whole damn thing is one big, somewhat moderated message board where sh!t spreads faster than a cancer.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:04 PM   #29
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Guys, I swear I sometimes think some of you have a difficult time grasping concepts. What part of not wanting to re-read old posts (over and over, at that) until I find what's actually new you don't understand? And do you really re-read quoted posts in their entirety? I know I don't. It's not drama, it's valuing my time (and sanity).

I get you, but for me it's just I'm having a hard time seeing that it takes that much longer to find something you want on Facebook. It seems to be the same for me and I only use it for the statue groups. Even if it does take longer, it's like a few extra seconds or minute. The app makes things much easier as well, imo. I really don't see the issue, but that's just me and it's obviously different for some. In addition it is easier for posting things like personal photos and such.

But it is what it is at this point and in general there have been improvements with the communication and I'm loving the progress photos/quick responses that we're getting now.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #30
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post

Hell yeah...

I fought against it for years, but finally gave up and joined in order to have a more direct line to my XM guy and stay on top of the custom scene. I do not use it to stay in touch with family, friends, coworkers, etc. As a matter of fact, when they ask if I have one, I say NO.

The whole damn thing is one big, somewhat moderated message board where sh!t spreads faster than a cancer.
That's how it is for me. I was against it for years and still am for a personal page. But I saw the benefits of joining for the statue groups and I do like it for that. There are definitely some interesting people on there though, which the block function can come in handy .
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote