Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #11
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
If the Bowen classic Venom was 1/4 scale,it would be my favorite hands down,I like the SS comiquette(I own it) but love the pose and look of this better.

Yes! This is the best...it defines Venom...sneaky, creepy, powerful and angry! Don't get me wrong, I like the SS comiquette, but the pose is a little too funky.

I do not like the 1:2 custom either...it looks like a cake topper from Mexico or something...his head looks bigger than his body. Just cause something is bigger than the other...doesn't mean it's better! Too many people get blinded by size.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #12
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Yup the size of the head on the 1:2 is way off. If a venom posed the Bowen one is made in 1:4 scale, I'd sell my SS venom right away.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
If the Bowen classic Venom was 1/4 scale,it would be my favorite hands down,I like the SS comiquette(I own it) but love the pose and look of this better.Can't go wrong with either though.

No, The skin texture is too smooth, It would stand out worse if it was 1/4 scale.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #14
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Lord Apocalypse View Post
Yup the size of the head on the 1:2 is way off. If a venom posed the Bowen one is made in 1:4 scale, I'd sell my SS venom right away.
Your wrong and out of your mind. Its exactly to scale.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
High Lord Apocalypse

To each his own. Most people that posted on this thread agree that the 1:2 does not appeal to them. I agree with you if the Bowen one is made to 1:4 scale the skin would need texture on it like the current 1:4 venom from SS.
The 1:2 venom head is too big. Also akuma's ankles are too thick. It sticks out like a sore thumb but as long it doesnt bother the ones that buy it. It's all good.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #16
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
To each his own. Most people that posted on this thread agree that the 1:2 does not appeal to them. I agree with you if the Bowen one is made to 1:4 scale the skin would need texture on it like the current 1:4 venom from SS.
The 1:2 venom head is too big. Also akuma's ankles are too thick. It sticks out like a sore thumb but as long it doesnt bother the ones that buy it. It's all good.
+1...well said.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #17
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Well the 1:2 was made for a few anyway. I agree the Bowen would look good in 1/4 with a Sideshow Venom Texture but It wouldnt be better than Sideshows Venom, not to me or most people anyway. There is a reason it sells for 800.00 and Bowens is still at retail price. The market generally decides what the better piece is, not that everybody agrees with the market.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #18
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I think the best one is the DF diorama

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #19
High Lord Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
I think the best one is the DF diorama
You don't know what you're talking about.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #20
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I agree with DSET, the Venom comiquette pose always seemed very awkward to me too. I like Bowen's second release best.
Wow Im actually agreeing here. Although I think SS is the best (due to its size), if the Bowen second incarnation of Venom was done in 1/4 scale, it would probably become my favorite all time statue. And I'm not even a huge Venom fan.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote