Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #14641
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Django 7.5/10
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #14642
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Both Perlman and Del Toro have expressed interest in doing a third film to tie up the series. I don't believe there is anything known beyond that at the moment however.
Gotcha. If memory serves, the second film didn't do well at the box office because of bad timing. It came out around the same time as some other huge movie....Batman Begins or something. I hope it can happen. I thought they were brilliant films.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #14643
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Gotcha. If memory serves, the second film didn't do well at the box office because of bad timing. It came out around the same time as some other huge movie....Batman Begins or something. I hope it can happen. I thought they were brilliant films.
Yeah IIRC it had a week jump on The Dark Knight. It did decent at the box office however, much better than the first Hellboy which was somewhat of a box office bomb.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #14644
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Yeah IIRC it had a week jump on The Dark Knight. It did decent at the box office however, much better than the first Hellboy which was somewhat of a box office bomb.
Ah. I guess at the time it was considered a disappointment and they were blaming TDK...I remember that being talked about. Glad to hear it did ok after all.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #14645
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
That is so disappointing - the HB movies are some of my favorite!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #14646
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

More oldies:

L'avventura (1960) - I watched this movie wrong. I focused too much on the story (which leaves many questions unanswered) and not enough on the overall style--a breakthrough in 1960. I'm sure I'll appreciate it more after a second viewing now that I know what it's all about. 8/10

Tokyo Story (1953) - A very sad tale. 9/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #14647
BOSCO
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Pacific Rim 7/10
BOSCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #14648
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Pacific Rim: 7/10 - enjoyed it, but could have been less chatty chatty, and more smashy smashy. Not that I mind dialogue and character development, but I thought the script was pretty terrible. And the characters were a little annoying. Especially the Aussie father / son team. Those accents were terrible.

That said, when the jaegers and kauju were pounding the crap out of each other, it was awesome.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #14649
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Pacific Rim: 7/10 - enjoyed it, but could have been less chatty chatty, and more smashy smashy. Not that I mind dialogue and character development, but I thought the script was pretty terrible. And the characters were a little annoying. Especially the Aussie father / son team. Those accents were terrible.

That said, when the jaegers and kauju were pounding the crap out of each other, it was awesome.
Tell me about it, why do Aussies never actually sound like regular Aussies in the movies? They always sound so forced and exaggerated..
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #14650
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post

If the dialogue and acting were better those sequences would have made for a much more rounded movie.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote