Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #5031
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
i think im really going to jump on that SS SF Guile PF, jus something about it is making me want to order one
I was thinking the same thing but I missed out on the Ryu and it really annoys me! Do you have any of the others? I didn't see any in your collection thread.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #5032
67wm
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post

Moon Knight and Co are still sealed right?
just MK and Bullseye, but they are still safe in their plastic coffins LOL
Old 03-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #5033
blink90210

I agree with lots of the stuff you said, I've got no problems with Wonder Woman flying as she did since she did quite a lot of it even in the JLU series.
Ultraman had a pretty weird Bostonian accent.
That was so NOT an Aussie accent! Surely it was some English accent, if they were going for Aussie they we WAY off. And I don't want to hear any fanboys go "oh, parallel universe, maybe Aussies DO sound like that there"
Baldwin makes for a pretty weak Batman, weaker than Sisto in New Frontier...just sounds so weird when an animated Batman is not Kevin Conroy.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #5034
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67wm View Post
LOL nice one!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYaOePI44I

remember this one?
Another instant classic!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #5035
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
just MK and Bullseye, but they are still safe in their plastic coffins LOL
Old 03-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #5036
67wm
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink90210 View Post
I agree with lots of the stuff you said, I've got no problems with Wonder Woman flying as she did since she did quite a lot of it even in the JLU series.
That was so NOT an Aussie accent! Surely it was some English accent, if they were going for Aussie they we WAY off. And I don't want to hear any fanboys go "oh, parallel universe, maybe Aussies DO sound like that there"
Baldwin makes for a pretty weak Batman, weaker than Sisto in New Frontier...just sounds so weird when an animated Batman is not Kevin Conroy.
well you guys better start working on your accents then - if i watch this before the trip that is how i will expect you to sound :tounge:

kind of looking forward to hearing how bad it is now! lol
Old 03-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #5037
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
See mate, I started to try to convince myself he was going for a Brit accent (still terrible attempt) but then near the end he used a phrase that included "cobber" that's clearly an Aussie slang term, one DC always used with Captain Boomerang no less
Old 03-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #5038
blink90210

I think we all agree that James Woods Owlman brought the awesome, I even liked the "It doesn't matter" line.
The one thing I guess I had the most problem with was Batman all but kills a character, two if you really wanna split hairs. That was almost as bad as the whole "I'm not gonna kill you but I don't have to save you" from Batman Begins (one of the three glaring problems I had with an otherwise excellent film).
I generally liked how Batman was portrayed as being a bit of a douche but he totally no-sold his broken rib by the end of the film. It's like in wrestling, Ric Flair works on Sting's leg the whole match and by the end he still can apply the Scorpion Deathlock to win?!?
Old 03-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #5039
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
well you guys better start working on your accents then - if i watch this before the trip that is how i will expect you to sound :tounge:

kind of looking forward to hearing how bad it is now! lol
LOL!!!

Nah mate, it's not all bad, there's quite a lot to like actually.

Martian Manhunter is really good, even if he wants to get busy with a humanoid

The animation, score, andgrand feel of the movie are all excellent, but for me, it's one of the worst comic animated movies ever attempted
Old 03-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #5040
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
I think we all agree that James Woods Owlman brought the awesome, I even liked the "It doesn't matter" line.
The one thing I guess I had the most problem with was Batman all but kills a character, two if you really wanna split hairs. That was almost as bad as the whole "I'm not gonna kill you but I don't have to save you" from Batman Begins (one of the three glaring problems I had with an otherwise excellent film).
I generally liked how Batman was portrayed as being a bit of a douche but he totally no-sold his broken rib by the end of the film. It's like in wrestling, Ric Flair works on Sting's leg the whole match and by the end he still can apply the Scorpion Deathlock to win?!?
Dude, I love every word of this post
Closed Thread