Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #51
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Pity Nairins latest Predator wasn’t in scale with this as it would be a great companion piece.
They are both 1/3 scale as far as I know so they should be in scale.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #52
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
They are both 1/3 scale as far as I know so they should be in scale.
Narin latest Predator is the Falanxer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	644D24E7-79FF-4473-97CF-548C956A5601.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	114393  
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #53
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I love the idea of an alien statue, and I think an action pose best defines the horror this character represents. However, I think I would prefer an alien statue with just one alien featured on it as opposed to two. Is this an option people might like?

Also, right now, the first alien is stepping on the head of the other. Maybe it's just me but that looks a bit off to me. Aliens are an intelligent and crafty species that work together as opposed to a wild pack of unintelligible animals that climb over each for prey.

Thoughts?
They are both actually. THey are intelligent and crafty and work together, but they are also brutal and use each other as stepping stools to get to prey.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:50 PM   #54
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
They are both actually. THey are intelligent and crafty and work together, but they are also brutal and use each other as stepping stools to get to prey.
Yes like killing each other in order to get free in Alien Resurrection. That scene was epic. stepping 'hole' to free themselves. #acidbloodftw
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:42 PM   #55
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Narin latest Predator is the Falanxer.
Ah my bad. I thought you were talking about the XM Predator. Yeah I’ve got a lot of his kits and they are normally 1/6ish so I found it kind of odd that the Falanxer is 1/8. I’ve been looking for his Bad Blood kit for ages. That’s one of the pieces that keeps eluding me since I wasn’t collecting his Predator kits when that was released. I know Sideshow did it but it was nowhere as good.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:29 AM   #56
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I love the idea of an alien statue, and I think an action pose best defines the horror this character represents. However, I think I would prefer an alien statue with just one alien featured on it as opposed to two. Is this an option people might like?

Also, right now, the first alien is stepping on the head of the other. Maybe it's just me but that looks a bit off to me. Aliens are an intelligent and crafty species that work together as opposed to a wild pack of unintelligible animals that climb over each for prey.

Thoughts?

I agree that the head stepping pose looks off, making the stepped on alien look submissive as his head is forced downwards. A slight adjustment could be the upper alien stepping on/off his shoulder(?), allowing the lower alien’s head to be positioned upturned, and slightly twisting, snarling at his kin. Would add variety and tension to head positions, with the added bonus of possibly shortening the depth of the statue.

Still, a master work, a master sculpt. Brilliant.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:21 PM   #57
gearhead
The Herculoids

The teeth and "face" are all wrong. He looks buck-toothed. The teeth are jutting out too far forward. And the face should not be wrinkled like that. It's not soft tissue, it's an exoskeleton. It's hard like an insect. The face should be completely smooth.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:27 PM   #58
gearhead
The Herculoids

Hands are wrong too. The middle two fingers should be "double fingers". Like two fingers joined. This is a pretty nice sculpt and has potential, but not screen accurate at all.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:12 AM   #59
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Hands are wrong too. The middle two fingers should be "double fingers". Like two fingers joined. This is a pretty nice sculpt and has potential, but not screen accurate at all.
Why should it be screen accurate when it´s not based on a movie? The fingers are 100% right, because it´s the Giger Alien, not from the movie.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #60
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Thanks for that retort Grumpy...I was about to say the same thing. People have got to realize this is creative....meaning...don't put every thing seen in a movie into XM's / Narin's Predator and / or Alien concepts.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote