Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #261
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
We can always put my face on the shield if you like? :tounge:

I think it was to bring the fear to her enemies. They saw it and ran the other way!
Are u telling me you are hideous looking? :tounge:

I don't think they have ever put Medusa hideous face on a shield ever? Why would Athena the Goddess of Wisdom, , war, the arts, industry, justice and skill put her on the shield? It would contradict everything she stands for? JMAO Alex & Arahom. I like everything about this piece but the shield is bugging the hell out of me.

If I buy the AP, can I request in change of the shield?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #262
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This should be a hot seller.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #263
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Are u telling me you are hideous looking? :tounge:

I don't think they have ever put Medusa hideous face on a shield ever? Why would Athena the Goddess of Wisdom, , war, the arts, industry, justice and skill put her on the shield? It would contradict everything she stands for? JMAO Alex & Arahom. I like everything about this piece but the shield is bugging the hell out of me.

If I buy the AP, can I request in change of the shield?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you have no idea of what you are talking about.

After Perseus ordeal, and his fight against the Kraken, Perseus realized that Medusa's head was too powerful of a weapon and decided to take it back to Athena's temple. There he offered Medusa's head to the goddess, and she put it in her shield.

So, not only Athena's shield HAS Medusa's head on it, but we have a Caravaggio image of Medusa on the shield, what makes it even more special in my opinion since Caravaggio was a great and renowned artist.
Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #264
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you have no idea of what you are talking about.

After Perseus ordeal, and his fight against the Kraken, Perseus realized that Medusa's head was too powerful of a weapon and decided to take it back to Athena's temple. There he offered Medusa's head to the goddess, and she put it in her shield.

So, not only Athena's shield HAS Medusa's head on it, but we have a Caravaggio image of Medusa on the shield, what makes it even more special in my opinion since Caravaggio was a great and renowned artist.

Your right Arahom, the head of Medusa is wrought onto the center of Athena's aegis a shield originally given to Athena by Zeus. I just don't think it was that big though? The head of Medusa was pretty small if I remember seeing it in my history books. That's why I was puzzled by it at the beginning. My bad Can u make it like the one in the history book? It was a smaller emblem (probably take 20 heads to make up the shield) the scale of the full shield.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #265
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Your right Arahom, the head of Medusa is wrought onto the center of Athena's aegis a shield originally given to Athena by Zeus. I just don't think it was that big though? I head of Medusa was pretty small if I remember seeing it in my history books. That's why I was puzzled by it at the beginning. My bad Can u make it like the one in the history book?
Bazinga!
NO we can't! I really like the shield as it is, and I believe Athena's shield you have seen is just another interpretation of the mythology as our own.

Since Athena is actually a fictitious character, everything about her is open to interpretation, and this is ours!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #266
VS1976

Quote:
NO we can't! I really like the shield as it is, and I believe Athena's shield you have seen is just another interpretation of the mythology as our own.

Since Athena is actually a fictitious character, everything about her is open to interpretation, and this is ours!
Okay
Old 02-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #267
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Okay
Don't get sad!!! I just can't please everybody all the time!

Besides, I have been posting pictures of her for months. You ask me to change the shild after the print is done and delivered?!?!?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #268
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Okay
LOL!!

I think what my partner her is saying is that its a bit too late to change things. I know we cant make everyone happy but we try VS
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #269
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

Besides, I have been posting pictures of her for months. You ask me to change the shild after the print is done and delivered?!?!?
Im starting to read your mind ARH!!

This is scary a little dont you think
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #270
VS1976

Quote:

to be frank, I just noticed the shield for the very first time! but it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
LOL!!

I think what my partner her is saying is that its a bit too late to change things. I know we cant make everyone happy but we try VS
Ok