Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #321
MikeandElio
Frackin!

Has anyone one gotten a NYCC COA with a different number than the number on the base?

I have #35 COA but #28 base...
MikeandElio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #322
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I wasn't too impressed with this Medusa at all. Everything looks good, but I don't get the "WOW" impression like I did with the first one. Not to mention, the price tag was a bit too high for me.
I totally agree. The first one was amazing, and oh so sinister looking. The only nitpick I had on the first one, was from pics/videos the column and stoned man looked very bland paint wise - i.e. no depth or shadowing.

This new one looks much better in terms of shading and depth, but I just don't like a few big aspects about it. The first being the stoned man next to her. I find it distracting. Instead of focusing on her, my eyes focus on both and she should be the center of attention.

The other major thing I am not quite a fan of is the face and pink toned skin (would have preferred green skin like on the legs version). Her face is also too soft and pretty, which IMO, doesn't really work on a character like Medusa.

I'm pretty sure had they taken the evil, red-eyed, closed mouth face from the legs version, and the green skin of the legs version and produced those on this full snake version, I would love her.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:17 PM   #323
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

I fell in love with this when I laid my eyes on it at NYCC last year. It's nothing but epic afaic!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #324
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandElio View Post
Has anyone one gotten a NYCC COA with a different number than the number on the base?

I have #35 COA but #28 base...
My NYCC COA didn't match the base for Arkhalla. Here are my thoughts about Arkhalla which probably applies to other statues. They sold 100 NYCC EX and 100 EX. The factory produced 200 EX and labeled them EX 1-200. ARH may have intended to match their NYCC COA with the number on the box, but once all the statues came in they no longer cared as some boxes were inaccessible due to space issues. My EX was over 100, but my NYCC COA was a low number.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:20 PM   #325
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

that certificate is worthless anyways ,was a way to get people to order right away.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:41 PM   #326
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
that certificate is worthless anyways ,was a way to get people to order right away.

It is completely worthless now because they screwed up the numbers. The prints are also crap.
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #327
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Don't care about no stinking card or print, never did. Love the statue.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #328
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I totally agree. The first one was amazing, and oh so sinister looking. The only nitpick I had on the first one, was from pics/videos the column and stoned man looked very bland paint wise - i.e. no depth or shadowing.

This new one looks much better in terms of shading and depth, but I just don't like a few big aspects about it. The first being the stoned man next to her. I find it distracting. Instead of focusing on her, my eyes focus on both and she should be the center of attention.

The other major thing I am not quite a fan of is the face and pink toned skin (would have preferred green skin like on the legs version). Her face is also too soft and pretty, which IMO, doesn't really work on a character like Medusa.

I'm pretty sure had they taken the evil, red-eyed, closed mouth face from the legs version, and the green skin of the legs version and produced those on this full snake version, I would love her.
The only reason the Medusa with legs even exists is is because ARH had plenty left over green paint and spare body parts from the Medusa with snake body.

Not a fan of the she hulk medusa..would rather have her painted completely different..who knows there might be a variant coming soon..if no variant comes I might buy it anyway
Old 09-26-2016, 06:04 PM   #329
dao2
Cyclops

Why would they have left over green paint :P? It's the factories paint. Victorious probably wasn't even too far into production when they started on Medusa with legs....
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #330
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Why would they have left over green paint :P? It's the factories paint. Victorious probably wasn't even too far into production when they started on Medusa with legs....
You answered your own question