Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-31-2016, 05:03 AM   #401
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
I have to say Medusa Victorious is nothing short of amazing! The paint application is about as close to prototype quality as any statue I have owned. Ehren packed in so much detail in the sculpt and the factory did an exceptional job! I had some friends helping me unload and unbox a few statues. Medusa stole the show. Congrats to those who ordered!

A Magnificent statue...shame I can't display her
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:12 AM   #402
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post

A Magnificent statue...shame I can't display her
Wishing you the best in getting yours sorted out! She will not disappoint.
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:07 PM   #403
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
I have to say Medusa Victorious is nothing short of amazing! The paint application is about as close to prototype quality as any statue I have owned. Ehren packed in so much detail in the sculpt and the factory did an exceptional job! I had some friends helping me unload and unbox a few statues. Medusa stole the show. Congrats to those who ordered!
Congrats!

I'm in total agreement with you. This statue is a beautiful piece of art.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:22 PM   #404
Rokdweller
Birdman

Still enchanted by Medusa... must look away! Attachment 99743

Attachment 99744
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:21 PM   #405
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Are we using this thread for the legs version also? I noticed EX sold out right after I placed my order a while back and it was scheduled to ship in Dec I believe.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:43 PM   #406
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Are we using this thread for the legs version also? I noticed EX sold out right after I placed my order a while back and it was scheduled to ship in Dec I believe.
I doubt it sold out. They probably had to close orders since it went into production.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:42 AM   #407
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I doubt it sold out. They probably had to close orders since it went into production.
I'm pretty sure it didn't sell out. I think you hit the nail on the head here.

This statue was slated to ship on Nov 30th. I think ARH probably expected it to sell out pretty fast and it just didn't. Same with Sha-ryn. As a result, they kept it open for orders longer then they had anticipated. This is pure speculation on my part. But considering how I just asked about these statues and Spencer didn't know anything about a release date, something went amiss.

I think the in house productions are going to be a big asset for ARH for just this reason. They can keep their production runs open longer and make bigger runs, as they will produce the statues as they sell.

It will also let them know where to focus their creative energies. For example, there isn't any sense in making a new Arkhalla if they only sold 20 out of an expected 200 statue run... obviously people are not hungry for the statue... Where if they sell 150 out of 200, then maybe its time to think about making a new pose/version.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:02 AM   #408
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I'm pretty sure it didn't sell out. I think you hit the nail on the head here.

This statue was slated to ship on Nov 30th. I think ARH probably expected it to sell out pretty fast and it just didn't. Same with Sha-ryn. As a result, they kept it open for orders longer then they had anticipated. This is pure speculation on my part. But considering how I just asked about these statues and Spencer didn't know anything about a release date, something went amiss.

I think the in house productions are going to be a big asset for ARH for just this reason. They can keep their production runs open longer and make bigger runs, as they will produce the statues as they sell.

It will also let them know where to focus their creative energies. For example, there isn't any sense in making a new Arkhalla if they only sold 20 out of an expected 200 statue run... obviously people are not hungry for the statue... Where if they sell 150 out of 200, then maybe its time to think about making a new pose/version.
I would think that it's more expensive to make a statue in house, but aren't thier runs usually less than 100? I guess it would cost more to make in china if those runs don't sell out. My concern with in house is how they will handle packaging.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:37 PM   #409
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegameman2011 View Post
I would think that it's more expensive to make a statue in house, but aren't thier runs usually less than 100? I guess it would cost more to make in china if those runs don't sell out. My concern with in house is how they will handle packaging.
I think making stuff in house will probably end up costing around the same as dealing with China. Look at medusa... it's edition size is 100. At $400 each this statue is going to net ARH $40000 max. Now subtract from that the time ARH spend designing, painting the original, getting pics of it up on their site...

Now if it's done in house and they make the edition size 2000, the potential sales are $800000. Same amount of time getting it ready and they make only what they sell. Will she be available for the next ten years? Probably, but that just means a larger catalog of available statues for customers to pick from.

As far as packaging... I think that will be fine for sure.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #410
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Still enchanted by Medusa... must look away! Attachment 99743

Attachment 99744
Awesome pics of an awesome statue. ARH has so much potential. SO awesome sculptors. But so damn bad customer service and totally unreliable...sad sad sad.

But anyway: Your Medusa looks amazing ! Congrats !!
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote