Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #251
Issun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I think I'll be getting this one. I'm already excited for female Thor and Lady Sif, might as well add this bad boy to the Asgardian collection.
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #252
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hey I just noticed in that video in one display option he has the Stormbreaker in his left, at another point it's in his right.... you think it could be possible for him to be holding TWO hammers?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:32 PM   #253
Issun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Hey I just noticed in that video in one display option he has the Stormbreaker in his left, at another point it's in his right.... you think it could be possible for him to be holding TWO hammers?
I was thinking the same thing. I know one is Stormbreaker but what's the other one? Both hammers are different, one has a longer head and the other a shorter head with a wider face.
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #254
MrJones

If he can hold both at the same time that would be so metal!

Old 05-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #255
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issun View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I know one is Stormbreaker but what's the other one? Both hammers are different, one has a longer head and the other a shorter head with a wider face.
Ultimate Thor hammer is the other one...just not as long. It is a conscious decision by XM to have two different hammers.

Some say they would prefer it to be mjolnir if that is the case since Beta is worthy...but...this was the decision made.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #256
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Hey XM! Still curious about how well BRB besides to Thor, the reason being, Simonson created Beta to be Thor's equal and thus was drawn that way, at least in regards to mass & height. Would you guys happen to have a comparison picture of the two?
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #257
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Hey XM! Still curious about how well BRB besides to Thor, the reason being, Simonson created Beta to be Thor's equal and thus was drawn that way, at least in regards to mass & height. Would you guys happen to have a comparison picture of the two?
Based on my research Radd Titan review has the Thor statue at 24" tall. BRB is supposed to be 1" taller than Thor in the comics but this statue has a bigger base. In that video they show the height as 27.9" tall which makes sense given the "small" base of Thor and big base of BRB.

All that said a pic side by side would be very cool
Old 05-04-2017, 09:50 AM   #258
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"I am oathbrother to Thor, the God of Thunder! I carry Stormbreaker, a weapon of great power, blessed by Odin, the All-Father!"

XM Studios is excited to present our next Marvel Premium Collectibles series statue, Beta Ray Bill! The cyborg champion of the Korbinites, Beta Ray Bill is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. This massive piece is an incredible companion piece to Thor and the upcoming Asgardian, Lady Sif!

The Burning Galaxy was destroyed through the machinations of Surtur. The surviving Korbinites decided to choose a champion who they would follow to their new home. the Korbinite known as Beta Ray Bill was successful and was transformed into a cybernetic being resembling a fierce creature. The Korbinites then amassed their fleet, put themselves into stasis, and followed Beta's ship, Skuttlebutt.

As the fleet approached the Milky Way galaxy, it was detected by a S.H.I.E.L.D. satellite. Nick Fury asked Thor to investigate. Thor was deemed a threat by Skuttlebutt, so Beta fought him. During the battle Thor was separated from his hammer, Mjolnir, and reverted to Donald Blake. Curious, Bill picked up Mjolnir and the hammer deemed him worthy, granting him the power of Thor. Skuttlebutt landed but both were transported to Asgard by Odin.

Odin subsequently decreed the two battle in Skartheim to the death to see who would reclaim the hammer. Bill's Korbinite physiology gave him somewhat of an advantage in the lava-filled realm, and he was able to win. However, he refused to take Thor's life. It is believed that Odin chose this location to further test Bill's worthiness and to teach Thor a lesson. Mjolnir was returned to Thor, with Odin ordering the creation of the hammer Stormbreaker for Bill to use. Bill continued to protect his people and assist the Asgardians. He grew particularly close to Sif, who accompanied him to battle Surtur's demons."

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:59 AM   #259
MrJones

I don't know what it is about this piece but I'm almost as excited for him as I was the XM Thanos! Almost. And I am a Thanos fanatic so that is saying something.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #260
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I don't know what it is about this piece but I'm almost as excited for him as I was the XM Thanos! Almost. And I am a Thanos fanatic so that is saying something.
Well duh....he is a cosmic character.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote