Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-09-2018, 11:16 PM   #51
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Have to agree with Iori, it looked like he popped out of the game. Mai is definitely not traditional mai, ahhh I didn’t notice that she was wearing diapers.

The face sculpt wasnt meant to be realistic in the first place since she is more anime style/inspired but she has definitely drifted quite far from her original style which I don’t think it’s a bad thing. It’s what caught my eye in the first place.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:22 PM   #52
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
I will however say one thing. The original prototype Morrigan was painted so well that the production piece is actually a little lacklustre. But that’s only because the prototype had one of the highest quality finishes similar to their ren.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
I agree, I saw morrigan in person. Still a good statue, but like what my friend told me she lost some "wow effect" from the first time we saw her and its mainly because of the paint.. not as vibrant like before.
Oh I thought what was being communicated to us from HMO was that her face and skin was actually being improved upon for production compared to the prototype.

So this is surprising to hear.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #53
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Just my personal taste, I find Mufizal's female portraits disgusting.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but you should probably watch the words you use.

As they say, "if you've got nothing nice to say then..."
Old 09-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #54
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

She looks a lot better in video form. Body and outfit are a bit tamer than what I would like from Mai, but still looks beautiful anatomy wise
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:48 AM   #55
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
She looks a lot better in video form. Body and outfit are a bit tamer than what I would like from Mai, but still looks beautiful anatomy wise
I did too but she definitely has room for improvement.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:27 AM   #56
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Oh I thought what was being communicated to us from HMO was that her face and skin was actually being improved upon for production compared to the prototype.

Website crashed after she was revealed at stgcc, she was the most popular statue constantly with 3 or 4 Photographers hovering around her at the last stgcc. Easily outshone everything else at the booth and made megaman pale in comparison. The bar was set too high for production, but she still turned out well.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #57
Tier
Doh!

I didn't want to be the first person to mention it, but I agree that Mai's backside seems too covered up. Mai should be wearing a thong; Mai without a thong is like Superman without his cape. I do like her face, though I can see why people might not like it; she kind of has that in-between half-anime half-realistic look, and that's tough to pull off.
Tier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:10 PM   #58
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

She looks like a cat. Doesn't look like Mai to me at all.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #59
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Nope, just plain resin sculpt. If you have ren it’s the same. Come to think of it her skin quality looks very similar to Ren. So collectors will know what to expect.

This might potentially already be production quality.

I will however say one thing. The original prototype Morrigan was painted so well that the production piece is actually a little lacklustre. But that’s only because the prototype had one of the highest quality finishes similar to their ren. Yup I ordered scarlet witch at the con.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
I agree, I saw morrigan in person. Still a good statue, but like what my friend told me she lost some "wow effect" from the first time we saw her and its mainly because of the paint.. not as vibrant like before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post

I was at STGCC last year when Morrigan made her debut, and she did indeed wow everyone. That was a prototype painted by James TCE, one of the best in the business. So, understandably, factory production will differ.

However, I feel like there are several improvements from STGCC 2017, notably the skin. I have not confirmed what type of resin they used, but it looks like the translucent type that gives a very realistic skin effect. Her eyes have been lightened a bit...personal preference, but I like the colour better now. Also, the neck choker was removed, which I think gives a cleaner look.

Here are some comparison shots between my photos from 2017 to now:

Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:50 PM   #60
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

true, I prefer the production eyes and no choker. Very hard to see any negative differences beyond that. It might be a good thing that theyre having a hiccup with Mai. They can really try to up their game with Felicia and rival that Morrigan epicness.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote