Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-11-2017, 06:00 PM   #141
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I just watched The Deadpool trailer on a cell phone thanks to my sister. It wasn't showed at the theathers around here, i don't know why.

I'm sorry but it seems i'm not as sensitive and wholesome like some of you... I loved it, i haven't lough like that since like forever. Deadpool's really insane and insane people can't act, react properly to what's going on around them so poor old man was unfortunete enough to only have really really crazy Deadpool around... And i'm glad for such a trailer who would ruin the wholesome world (where Superman saves everyone) illusion of 13 year olds but since i'm a grown up, i know that kind of unfortunate stuations happen, that world is not real... there isn't a Superman around to save victims so i can take it.

The swearing in The Logan was ok. Aducated people swear. Only the religious people who think they are the goodness on this earth, the goodytwoshoes don't try to swear. For example i enjoy swearing alot just out of spite to them... lol and i'm thankful Logan to make their ''ears bleed'' for a while. lol 11/10 for this lol it's beyond my expectations right now... so the charts go nuts... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:23 PM   #142
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Finally, the Wolverine I've been waiting for. Great all around. Only issue I had was the second clone. Thought that was lazy, but par for the course when it comes to these comic movies. Only thing keeping me from giving it a 10/10.

I had no issue with the adult content...it didn't feel forced to me, as opposed to Deadpool where it was clear, to me at least, they did it for the sake of doing it. Like Game of Thrones and boobies/peepees/vajajays, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Anyway...great film. Everything I had hoped for...minus a better villain. Now I want more Wolverine...sigh.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #143
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

They didn't hold back, they didn't avoid certain things.
A bloody brutal beautiful poem, it transcended.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #144
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

So did "the wolverine" not take place in the time line anymore? At the end of the wolverine, wolverine lost the adamantium on one claw.

Yet this movie made reference to the Japanese company owning Logan's property. That doesn't make sense at all.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #145
Philintheblank

Has anyone definitively stated whether or not this is in an alternate reality? Would make things much simpler.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #146
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

https://twitter.com/_moegonzales3_/s...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

If you enjoyed this movie, I think this will make you love it more!
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #147
Philintheblank

Interesting
Old 03-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #148
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Saw it again this weekend with some friends, still got choked up.

Great movie.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #149
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I avoided this thread until I saw it to avoid spoilers lol..

So I liked the movie. Wasn't blown away though. Not sure why but I was almost 100% certain Xavier would die in it so I wasn't surprised in the slightest and I had a strong feeling Wolverine would as well. I was hoping something would surprise me so when they were talking about the ultimate weapon or whatever I was really hoping for Daken. Not a Wolverine clone. I thought that was SUCH a missed opportunity it actually took away from my enjoyment of the film.

I was totally on board with all the factors of the R rating, the gore, swearing by everyone, bewbs, totally fine with it.

I really wished they explained why crossing the border was safe for the kid mutants. Like as far as I could tell, there was no "physical" border. I was just "over there" but the bad guys were even acting like "we can't let them cross the border!" like once they did they were home free... but why? It looked like it could have just been a line in the sand.

I thought Xavier's death was supremely anti-climatic. Like this is Prof X. I get he is old, diseased etc. but I think we were owed a little more than him getting stabbed in a random bed by a Wolverine clone who we didn't know existed prior.

Aside from those criticisms I did actually enjoy the move as a whole. Hugh was always the best at Wolverine and this movie was the strongest performance yet. Whoever takes over the role has huge shoes to fill. I also thought whoever the girl was as X23 was really, really good. I usually hate kid actors but she was very believable to me. Minus the eulogy as I did not have any idea what the hell she was talking about at the time.

7.5/10
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #150
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I avoided this thread until I saw it to avoid spoilers lol..

So I liked the movie. Wasn't blown away though. Not sure why but I was almost 100% certain Xavier would die in it so I wasn't surprised in the slightest and I had a strong feeling Wolverine would as well. I was hoping something would surprise me so when they were talking about the ultimate weapon or whatever I was really hoping for Daken. Not a Wolverine clone. I thought that was SUCH a missed opportunity it actually took away from my enjoyment of the film.

I was totally on board with all the factors of the R rating, the gore, swearing by everyone, bewbs, totally fine with it.

I really wished they explained why crossing the border was safe for the kid mutants. Like as far as I could tell, there was no "physical" border. I was just "over there" but the bad guys were even acting like "we can't let them cross the border!" like once they did they were home free... but why? It looked like it could have just been a line in the sand.

I thought Xavier's death was supremely anti-climatic. Like this is Prof X. I get he is old, diseased etc. but I think we were owed a little more than him getting stabbed in a random bed by a Wolverine clone who we didn't know existed prior.

Aside from those criticisms I did actually enjoy the move as a whole. Hugh was always the best at Wolverine and this movie was the strongest performance yet. Whoever takes over the role has huge shoes to fill. I also thought whoever the girl was as X23 was really, really good. I usually hate kid actors but she was very believable to me. Minus the eulogy as I did not have any idea what the hell she was talking about at the time.

7.5/10
Pretty much how I felt although I didn't rate it as high but could go to 7/10.