dao2
Cyclops

god damn he dwarfs the dredd on bike o_0
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:54 AM   #1042
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Looks excellent! other than the lower left arm, which i never liked from the start, everything else appears to have turned out great! ..the water on base looks better than the prototype. I can see this being the best Rambo piece on the market for quite some time. The head sculpt is a straight 10/10
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:30 AM   #1043
xpl0sive
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Just finished setting mine up and I’m happy beyond words with how he came out!

1) The packaging was very classy and a tremendous upgrade for PCS. Really enjoyed the unboxing.

2) Art box was large and imposing. Nicely done but nothing out of the norm.

3) The base is absolutely massive! Had little interest in the grenade when it was announced, but wow it looks great! It adds a ton of size to an already massive piece!

The Water, while more clear than blue, looks phenomenal and very accurate to water. Not sure I’d even want it to be blue, this feels more realistic.

4) Sculpt is 10/10, the likeness is spot on, the musculature is perfect. A home run for PCS. I could definitely deduct a half point for the arrow being too long. It’s definitely long, but difficult to notice when displaying him because it’s a very cool looking display.

5) Paint, I’m loving this paint application. Plenty of freckling and speckling. The scars look great and are painted to a nice contrast from the dark skin. And he’s every bit the appropriate level of tan. And thank god. I was terrified that they’d not make him dark enough and he’d just look like he was Caucasian,

Stallone is Italian, extremely tan. Rambo has American Indian blood as well. Dude is sweaty, dirty, super tan. If anything I’d say he still might be a shade light.

I honestly give the paint top marks, I don’t know how it could possibly be better.

6) Mixed media. This is the only spot where I’m a little conflicted.

The bandanna, quiver, bow, knife, pants and boot strings are all awesome as hell!

But the sheath not being sewn shut is incorrect and I’m just glad it’s difficult to notice.

Not sure why it was done like that, perhaps to make the knife easier to get in and out of the tight location under the arm?

In closing, I was completely prepared to return this item one way or another if I didn’t like it. When it comes to Stallone I have a large collection and I’m extremely picky.

This piece did not disappoint! I’m not a PCS loyalist by any means. But at this moment I’m very happy with them.

Appreciate the honest review. I've been back and forth with this piece over the last week due to the mixed reviews. It seems people either love it or totally hate it...there is no middle ground. It's so confusing. I'm wondering if there is a large variation from piece to piece as far as quality goes. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and see if I'm lucky enough to get a good one, and if not, return it.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:45 AM   #1044
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Appreciate the honest review. I've been back and forth with this piece over the last week due to the mixed reviews. It seems people either love it or totally hate it...there is no middle ground. It's so confusing. I'm wondering if there is a large variation from piece to piece as far as quality goes. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and see if I'm lucky enough to get a good one, and if not, return it.
No problem, my pleasure.

Honestly if you’re a Stallone/Rambo fan I think you’ll be thrilled.

I have Blitzway Rocky 2 as well, and I’m completely up in the air about which Stallone piece I prefer the most. And I consider that statue a masterpiece.

I forgot to mention the rotating base in my write up, it’s such a cool feature!

Have to love the 1/1 Buddha necklace also!

I’d definitely recommend the statue.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #1045
rcaido
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Yup im a big Stallone/Rambo fan & i absolutely love this statue. I like this more than my Conan PCS.

Here is Rambo & Conan together

rcaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #1046
Joppula

I don’t know how to upload multiple pictures lol, so here’s one.

And apparently sideways. Ugh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8DD8D889-D274-4DA9-AF0A-5C5760552028.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	121400  
Old 02-28-2019, 05:36 PM   #1047
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaido View Post
Yup im a big Stallone/Rambo fan & i absolutely love this statue. I like this more than my Conan PCS.

Here is Rambo & Conan together

Atleast Rambo has a fitting base. I wonder why Conan was given such a boring base? both pieces look good. Rambo looks bigger.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:50 AM   #1048
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Atleast Rambo has a fitting base. I wonder why Conan was given such a boring base? both pieces look good. Rambo looks bigger.
It's not actually a boring base in person with the marble and snake accents, it just fits with the warpaint version better being from that scene.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #1049
The STATUARY
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Yeah Rambo shouldn't be bigger. Bad move.

The scene is from the beach so not sure some sand mounds as a base would be less boring.

That said though having a Conan with an outfit and from a scene of mostly warm earthy browns on a white marble base is a bit garish.

Shame the bases aren't of better lasting quality.

Obviously a lot of corners were cut and compromises made to bring these 2 different versions to capitalize on the market.
The STATUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:45 PM   #1050
Joppula

I’ve just made a HUGE discovery on Rambo!

The sheath is actually three pieces of cloth! It is properly sewn together!

The knife DOES go into the sheathing!

Thank god, 10/10, I’m so much happier now lol!