Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #5741
SONICobra
Batman

i think guile looks great, i dont understand why it gets ragged on so much. i understand some peoples complaints that he might be a slightly larger scale than other pieces but i still dont think thats enough to call him the stinker of the line. great sculpt, great paint, great mixed media, great classic pose (imo) all around win for me
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #5742
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I've been importing for years and I can tell you that the container loads of these final products are NEVER the same as the Proto or Master Sample once it goes into mass production. Take a look at any of your statutes in your collection....... It's just a matter of if the flaws sticks out like a sore thumb.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #5743
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Personally, I dislike Akuma the most in this SF line, mostly due to the look of the hands and feet. It looks horrible. It's a grail to many cuz it's limited, and with it's paint rub beads which makes it even more rare. I'm NOT trying to bring the cost of Akuma down on third market....... So please don't hang me
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #5744
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
Personally, I dislike Akuma the most in this SF line, mostly due to the look of the hands and feet. It looks horrible. It's a grail to many cuz it's limited, and with it's paint rub beads which makes it even more rare. I'm NOT trying to bring the cost of Akuma down on third market....... So please don't hang me
Isn't it a shame that if you disagree w/ the general consensus you have some hidden agenda to bring down a statue's monetary value. I feel the same way about Shin. He's cool and based on the reference art he's amazing, but he just didn't work for me. Mine also had the dreaded bead rubs. Needless to say he didn't last long in my collection. In the end it's all a matter of preference.

If PCS art direction were a bit more consistent I'd probably have a different view.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #5745
SONICobra
Batman

i dont think you can place all the blame on pcs as far as character interpretations - capcom has a huge influence on that
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #5746
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i dont think you can place all the blame on pcs as far as character interpretations - capcom has a huge influence on that
True.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #5747
alvinkhoo83
Frackin!

I just got Guile today from a local shop for a relatively decent price and is my 3rd SF statue. 1st thing I noticed as many have mentioned is how wobbly Guile is when in the base. I tried the heavy-duty tape method and didnt work so well for me.

I then tried to use a clay-type material (blu-tack specifically) to apply some in different areas of his boots to "fill up the gaps". Seemed to have worked - Hes now much more stable than before - as least he doesn't rock forward and back when touched.
alvinkhoo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #5748
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Best method to get him perfectly and stabil into the base is putting rubber parts inbetween like Jerry did on Bison.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #5749
alvinkhoo83
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Best method to get him perfectly and stabil into the base is putting rubber parts inbetween like Jerry did on Bison.
Chris
I think that makes sense too (havnt seen the Bison method though), but blu-tack is something i have at home at the moment. I hope it does cause any adverse effects to the statue though
alvinkhoo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #5750
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhoo83 View Post
I just got Guile today from a local shop for a relatively decent price and is my 3rd SF statue. 1st thing I noticed as many have mentioned is how wobbly Guile is when in the base. I tried the heavy-duty tape method and didnt work so well for me.

I then tried to use a clay-type material (blu-tack specifically) to apply some in different areas of his boots to "fill up the gaps". Seemed to have worked - Hes now much more stable than before - as least he doesn't rock forward and back when touched.
Congrats on Guile. Great piece.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote