Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #1881
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
As it pertains to Luke, for me, yes it would. I would not love the OT any less, but it would seem like such a cheap any easy path to go down.

Luke needs to become the new Yoda, not the new Darth Vader. As much as I love DV, anyone could be DV if they got pissed off enough. But to be Yoda that takes some doing, and that is what I would hope would be Luke's ultimate fate.

The only person, that we know of, at the end of ROTJ who could relaunch the Jedi is Luke. From what we've seen of Ep. VII so far, he has not done that.

I think the final battle with Vader and the Emperor left him scarred and scared frankly, of what exactly his responsibility to the Force is.

It's been long rumored that this film is about the search for Luke. My take is that he is on some self imposed exile, training and learning everything there is to know about the Force so that he can someday perhaps start up the Jedi again... maybe. It's not a given that the Jedi will exist again, I'm sure they will, but obviously it was not as clear cut as it would have seemed when the credits rolled on ROTJ.
Thanks Marvelito, I think you have a very strong case here for Luke staying a heroic figure.

I'm also reminded that the previous film is titled "Return of the Jedi"

If there are going to be Jedi in the new Star Wars films, there has to be an old remaining connection to the days of Yoda, Ben, and the old Jedi order, and that could only be Luke.

In the clip we do see one character holding a blue lightsaber, logically he'd have to receive this from Luke right? And then he'd need some training... Luke again.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:36 PM   #1882
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
There's also this leaked picture of Hamill

Awwww, I guess that's settled then. I managed to stay spoiler free all summer but I don't mind seeing this. He's totally following the template of Ben Kenobi.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:39 PM   #1883
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Exactly. Anything is possible at this point. I'm just happy I have a forum where people will debate the issue while throwing out other ideas.

Some of my friends are just like: "You're wrong. End of story."

Well OK then

The trailer has me curious as to why Kylo doesn't have a mask/helmet on when getting ready to battle with Finn.
I have a thought about that...Finn knows who Kylo Ren is because he was a Stormtrooper for the first order before he turns to good, maybe he befriended Kylo in training not knowing he was the leader of the first order. Like Sidious did with the senate...so when they meet in battle Kylo removes his mask to show his true identity to Finn...maybe it's why Finn looks so afraid/confused. The true evil he sees was once his friend.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:09 PM   #1884
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Sarcasm?
Reading my post again I can see how it isn't exactly clear. But yes... definitely sarcasm.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #1885
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
In the clip we do see one character holding a blue lightsaber, logically he'd have to receive this from Luke right? And then he'd need some training... Luke again.
That is Finn who was a Stormtrooper and is now with the Rebels. The saber he has is Anakin's saber which Obi-Wan gave to Luke who subsequently lost it when Vader cut off his hand on Cloud City in ESB. How Finn came to acquire it is one of this new film's mysteries.

I do like that in the initial teaser when he ignites it he looks very confident holding it. However in the new trailer once Kylo has ignited his saber you see a look of fear come across Finn's face when it's clear he's about to get into a lightsaber duel. I think he probably ignites it thinking that will scare off Kylo but once Kylo ignites his and goes towards Finn, he gets an "Oh sh!t, this just got real!! look on his face.

Here is the clip:

You can see it better if you slow down the trailer.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #1886
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Yep I got the "oh sh!t" vibe as well. Which makes sense because being able to ignite it is one thing, and using it against someone who knows what they are doing is another. I think Rey is going to be part of that fight and it may be a little bit of misdirection in the part of the narration which seems to be pointing to Finn as being a Jedi, but maybe it's Rey who has to "let it in" *the force) to save him. This is primarily her journey, but I'm sure the three male leads, and their intertwining relationships, will also be developed over the course of the trilogy.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #1887
johnclone
The Enchantress

Is Rey the one that it seems in the trailer "the force is calling out to"? also, what does she say right before the trailer ends?
Old 10-20-2015, 10:58 PM   #1888
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I usually love to read spoilers so i would know what to look for when i'm at the theater. But this movie will definitely be spoiler-free for me.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:23 AM   #1889
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I have a thought about that...Finn knows who Kylo Ren is because he was a Stormtrooper for the first order before he turns to good, maybe he befriended Kylo in training not knowing he was the leader of the first order. Like Sidious did with the senate...so when they meet in battle Kylo removes his mask to show his true identity to Finn...maybe it's why Finn looks so afraid/confused. The true evil he sees was once his friend.
I like it.

I too believe they know each other, I had forgotten the image of Kylo leading the Troopers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
I usually love to read spoilers so i would know what to look for when i'm at the theater. But this movie will definitely be spoiler-free for me.
Right there with you. As soon as ANY advanced screening has been shown -- I'm off the boards and scrolling past any FB post I see that has SW on it.

I had to do that with Avengers and X-Men DOFP too.

Now I need to coordinate my movie viewing(s). I'll be traveling home for Christmas vaca the weekend this is released so I can't pull a midnight/opening day showing.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #1890
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Is Rey the one that it seems in the trailer "the force is calling out to"? also, what does she say right before the trailer ends?
something like "just let it in" ?
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote