Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #231
Thor57
Teen Titans

I decided not to reorder when they refunded deposits and told me to reorder. I contacted them about my discount that was lost, as well as the free shipping I lost due to ordering on Black Friday. I was told he was never meant to be discounted nor would they honor the black Friday deal I took advantage of. Basically, they didn't own up to their mistake nor the deal that was offered. I was pretty much told order at full price even though my coupon was valid and I ordered on a day they offered free shipping. Blizzard can kiss my ass after that. Its poor business.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:29 PM   #232
dao2
Cyclops

Most business don't "honor" mistakes, they usually specifically mention that anything that was indeed a mistake will just be fully refunded. It'd be sketchy if they were like oh well it's selling well don't need to offer discounts anymore. But when I see a $10 1tb SSD I order it full well knowing that I will probably get it cancelled and refunded, but hope that on the off chance they don't notice it :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #233
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I can wait no longer!
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:37 PM   #234
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Bad news.

Its sold out for a few days already . No more pre-order unfortunately. I was waiting for Black friday sale and now I see Out of Stock...
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:04 AM   #235
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Still hoping for the 1st batch to be sent out before Xmas! Fingers crossed !
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #236
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Most business don't "honor" mistakes, they usually specifically mention that anything that was indeed a mistake will just be fully refunded. It'd be sketchy if they were like oh well it's selling well don't need to offer discounts anymore. But when I see a $10 1tb SSD I order it full well knowing that I will probably get it cancelled and refunded, but hope that on the off chance they don't notice it :|
I don't recall seeing a disclaimer it wasn't eligible for discounts but someone said later it did.

Even then, I ordered on Black Friday to where they themselves were offering free shipping on Grom and other Blizzard pieces. Blizzard wasn't even going to honor that.

On top of that, they did not have to cancel orders due to delays. They could have offered the option. I'm in the military and deploy often. What if I was in the mountains of Afghanistan when this email went out? It sold out two months after. So my locked in order with free shipping turns into no order at all and totally missing out. That is ----ty business principles, plain and simple.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:54 AM   #237
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I don't recall seeing a disclaimer it wasn't eligible for discounts but someone said later it did.

Even then, I ordered on Black Friday to where they themselves were offering free shipping on Grom and other Blizzard pieces. Blizzard wasn't even going to honor that.

On top of that, they did not have to cancel orders due to delays. They could have offered the option. I'm in the military and deploy often. What if I was in the mountains of Afghanistan when this email went out? It sold out two months after. So my locked in order with free shipping turns into no order at all and totally missing out. That is ----ty business principles, plain and simple.
I guarantee you a company like Blizzard has that disclaimer, if not on the page itself on the terms of service on their site. Videogame companies, especially ones like Blizzard and now a subsidiary of Activision have ass covering down to an art.

Hell they managed to bully past shrink wrap laws with their EULA's which really should have no legal standing.

But as it stands though it is very likely no one really foresaw the free shipping on this in general cause they've never really sold stuff with shipping costs like that on the site. In general oversights are not honored, and they aren't expected to be. Of course in this case it is impossible to tell if it was a mistake of if they just reneged on their offer.

And seriously two months later... even if you didn't have internet access for two months straight or even a week straight that is some pretty extreme circumstances and you can't expect a business to cover every possible circumstance where it may screw someone, it's just damn impossible.

In terms of them cancelling, I think the reason for doing so being that it's delayed is a lie. Maybe it's not and that's actually their policy but without looking into it much it sounds like pure BS to me. However they would likely have done it because they took off the discount and free shipping.

They basically had to cancel it and have you reorder for the increased amount. I'm not sure how they collected payment, but for paypal you authorized an amount they can't just go and increase it themselves, and you do it's like with credit cards either. And retailers can't just take orders then increase prices for said orders, they HAVE to cancel them out and reorder them.

It's incredibly slimy if they are doing so expressly because they can get more money for it, but par for course and imo completely understandable if it's a mistake. And also you order isn't "locked in". Companies don't have to sell you ----. You aren't entitled to anything unless you paid for it and didn't get your money back.

Really it just sounds like your bitter for having lost the discount, you could have gotten an order in again if you wanted and pointing out that they cancelled it and through extreme circumstances you may have not been able to reorder just seemed like you want to increase the negativity with them. It sucks you lost the discount, I might be mad too. And if I knew for sure the did it not because it was a mistake but because they could get more money for it I would be damn furious. As it is though, I think what they did is reasonable.

Don't take me as a blizzard fan though, I don't like them very much ;p But like most people did when they were younger I worked retail jobs, and being that I'm 28 it wasn't that long ago. So I very much remember people's expectations as customers and how overly entitled a lot of consumers are. Granted companies get away with WAY too much too, but not in this respect imo.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:48 PM   #238
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post

Really it just sounds like your bitter for having lost the discount, you could have gotten an order in again if you wanted and pointing out that they cancelled it and through extreme circumstances you may have not been able to reorder just seemed like you want to increase the negativity with them. It sucks you lost the discount, I might be mad too. And if I knew for sure the did it not because it was a mistake but because they could get more money for it I would be damn furious. As it is though, I think what they did is reasonable.

Don't take me as a blizzard fan though, I don't like them very much ;p But like most people did when they were younger I worked retail jobs, and being that I'm 28 it wasn't that long ago. So I very much remember people's expectations as customers and how overly entitled a lot of consumers are. Granted companies get away with WAY too much too, but not in this respect imo.
I'm not bitter. I mentioned how I never saw the disclaimer but someone told me it was there, and I left it at that. I have no doubt it may have been in there. The free shipping wasnt an oversight though. That was THEIR offer. I didnt take advantage of some computer glitch. It offered free shipping on ANYTHING in the Blizzard store. Them not honoring that is the shady part. That was their own promotion. And I only used the deployed example as just that, an example. Its not some made up excuse for why I didnt reorder. Its an example of what could have happened and used as a counter weight to show they didnt have to cancel orders and ask people to re order. Sideshow has some terrible business practice in their own right, and they dont even fully refund and ask for reorders when delays happen. They send emails out and say if this changes your mind on your order, let us know and we'll proceed from there. So again, I'm not bitter. I didnt reorder because unlike 90% of this board, I'll vote with my money. I really dislike the way they pulled this trick, so they wont get my money on this particular business venture.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #239
Agoniste111
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
Bad news.

Its sold out for a few days already . No more pre-order unfortunately. I was waiting for Black friday sale and now I see Out of Stock...
Man that friggin sucks!
Agoniste111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #240
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I'm not bitter. I mentioned how I never saw the disclaimer but someone told me it was there, and I left it at that. I have no doubt it may have been in there. The free shipping wasnt an oversight though. That was THEIR offer. I didnt take advantage of some computer glitch. It offered free shipping on ANYTHING in the Blizzard store. Them not honoring that is the shady part. That was their own promotion. And I only used the deployed example as just that, an example. Its not some made up excuse for why I didnt reorder. Its an example of what could have happened and used as a counter weight to show they didnt have to cancel orders and ask people to re order. Sideshow has some terrible business practice in their own right, and they dont even fully refund and ask for reorders when delays happen. They send emails out and say if this changes your mind on your order, let us know and we'll proceed from there. So again, I'm not bitter. I didnt reorder because unlike 90% of this board, I'll vote with my money. I really dislike the way they pulled this trick, so they wont get my money on this particular business venture.
It would have been free shipping on anything with a * :P

And like I said if the amount was changing (which it was) they HAD to cancel. And yeah they didn't cancel cause it's delayed I agree with you I think that's BS. Also Sideshow doesn't ask, it just tells you (and tbh only tells you if you have flex, except for the odd email about a delay). You don't have an option to cancel without losing your NRD. Some people say you can call and get it refunded if it's been long enough but it that's a toss up.