Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-11-2024, 11:10 PM   #441
PacMan3000
The Spirit

I wanted to bump this to ask a question: does anyone have any thoughts as to why the Cyberdyne version of this statue (rooted hair, glass eyes) seems to cost about the same as, for example, the JND Studios Indiana Jones (solo statue), which has rooted hair (and eyebrows), glass eyes...but a silicone face and hands?

I believe both statues are using leather.

I know that the Prime 1 has a few extras weapons...but even the bases are similar in scope and size.

I'm sure the Arnold likeness isn't cheap, but I'd imagine the Harrison Ford likeness isn't either.

So I'm a little confused by it...maybe there's something I'm missing. But why is the Cyberdyne version so expensive, when it seems to be slightly competing with the JND statues of the world...but has no silicone?
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 03:22 AM   #442
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

It is not silicone but looks just as good. Next to the things you mentioned a master painter will paint the Cyberdyne version...so the paint will be very high quality.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 09:32 AM   #443
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
It is not silicone but looks just as good. Next to the things you mentioned a master painter will paint the Cyberdyne version...so the paint will be very high quality.
Prime does not use Master painters aka Pro painters for end products. There are diff grades of factory painters, but even for the $3000 range statues they use factory (skilled) painters.
And with difficult patterns they often rely on decals to reduce time/costs and can use a tier lower painter.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 09:35 AM   #444
Exorcist
The X-Men

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
I really hope so, because the beautiful Blitzway 1:3 Catwoman and Catwoman 1:3 headsculpts from Queen Studios definitely fall short IMHO when compared to their silicone counterparts in the same scale.
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 11:29 AM   #445
MarsHunterPRDTR
Doh!

I'm really hoping Prime 1 & Blitzway will add T-800's shotgun with this statue. If they're gonna add his sunglasses which he doesn't even wear during the Cyberdyne battle and the final battle, then they might as well add his most iconic weapon in the movie
MarsHunterPRDTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 09:14 PM   #446
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsHunterPRDTR View Post
I'm really hoping Prime 1 & Blitzway will add T-800's shotgun with this statue. If they're gonna add his sunglasses which he doesn't even wear during the Cyberdyne battle and the final battle, then they might as well add his most iconic weapon in the movie
I wouldn?t hold your breath, but I?m sure you could find a replica of appropriate size somewhere
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 04:22 AM   #447
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Prime does not use Master painters aka Pro painters for end products. There are diff grades of factory painters, but even for the $3000 range statues they use factory (skilled) painters.
And with difficult patterns they often rely on decals to reduce time/costs and can use a tier lower painter.
I believe on the portrait will be done by a master painter from Blitzway? not 100% sure though.
Mooste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 06:05 AM   #448
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsHunterPRDTR View Post
I hope they'll make a clean version as well
Liquid75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 08:17 AM   #449
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
I hope they'll make a clean version as well
On P1's official website, in the ''Coming Soon'' section, there's a link that says, ''Terminator 2 Judgment Day Part 2'', so maybe they're working on a clean version of the T2 T-800 that they plan on showing during the next Next Level Showcase........
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 09:37 AM   #450
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
On P1's official website, in the ''Coming Soon'' section, there's a link that says, ''Terminator 2 Judgment Day Part 2'', so maybe they're working on a clean version of the T2 T-800 that they plan on showing during the next Next Level Showcase........
"Part Two" refers to the 2nd part of "Next Level Showcase X", which already happened a year ago.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote