Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 10-09-2019, 12:23 AM   #221
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
boxes were seriously heavy. I usually lift the artbox out of the shipper by pulling the plastic- worked in every statue i ever opened. This one the plastic kept tearing. was one of the more difficult setups in recent memory. He’s so big you cant really hold him and examine him, you got to get him in place first. I had him on a bottom shelf with lower clearance and it was a beast bending over and holding him out while trying to match the foot-peg.

Everthing looks great but whats your guys take on this? There is a tiny hole in his flame. I feel almost like its a nitpick but if I was to fix it myself how should I go about it?
I just received him as well and you are right he is a beast! I was trying to place him in the peg and after several attempts I was tired being bent over in squat mode with him in my hands tying not to drop him.

The second time I went back with sneakers instead of my sandals so I could squat easier, but still didnt help that my lights around the peg were not too bright so it made it a little harder to align the peg holes.

The weird thing is my flame came with the same issue as yours having a hole drilled into the flame. I can see right in the hole and then deep inside I see a black hole. From your pic its hard to tell if it is the exact location as yours, but mine is on the right side.

The Flame had tape the factory forgot to remove with a much higher number then my ES as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A3207F14-E3EF-46DF-8601-589D1CF7B616.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	126251  
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:11 AM   #222
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
boxes were seriously heavy. I usually lift the artbox out of the shipper by pulling the plastic- worked in every statue i ever opened. This one the plastic kept tearing. was one of the more difficult setups in recent memory. He’s so big you cant really hold him and examine him, you got to get him in place first. I had him on a bottom shelf with lower clearance and it was a beast bending over and holding him out while trying to match the foot-peg.

Everthing looks great but whats your guys take on this? There is a tiny hole in his flame. I feel almost like its a nitpick but if I was to fix it myself how should I go about it?
I know they drill holes in resin to release pressure but they are done in hidden spots....this looks to be on the end of the flame??

If it is on the end of the flame i'd get on to CS.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:17 AM   #223
RomanceDawn
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So in F4F defense they did email me two separate tracking numbers. No Master but 2 tracking numbers all the same. My email preview just showed me one tracking number so that's the only one I was tracking the entire time.

Oddly though I got an automated text message from Fedex about 1 box(Bowsers body) but not the other containing the base. So I was under the impression they were coming together and then later assumed the 2nd box just got lost or not sent out at all. The base arrived the same day but 2 hours earlier some how. Only a neighbor signed for it and had it left in the mail room. That was Friday and didn't realize all of this until Monday.

What ever the case I'm super duper happy with this statue but haven't opened it up again to see if it fits properly with the base.

What is this thing made out of by the way? And is the Mario/Yoshi and Luigi made out of something different?
RomanceDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:50 AM   #224
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I know they drill holes in resin to release pressure but they are done in hidden spots....this looks to be on the end of the flame??

This is exactly what it is - good call!
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #225
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:

awesome! thanks for the info. the hole in the flame is on Bowsers right side like Alf’s. You’d think they would put something like that on the underside, closer to the mouth... oh well.

Last thing for me to do is light him up. I got the battery in, but I’m waiting for a usb extension cord to get here from amazon in two days cuz I’m not moving him lol. The button on the base doesnt click in and out like you’d think it would, it just pushes all the way in and then comes all the way back out. Hope thats the way its supposed to be- this is my first chargeable light up from f4f
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #226
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
awesome! thanks for the info. the hole in the flame is on Bowsers right side like Alf’s. You’d think they would put something like that on the underside, closer to the mouth... oh well.

Last thing for me to do is light him up. I got the battery in, but I’m waiting for a usb extension cord to get here from amazon in two days cuz I’m not moving him lol. The button on the base doesnt click in and out like you’d think it would, it just pushes all the way in and then comes all the way back out. Hope thats the way its supposed to be- this is my first chargeable light up from f4f
Yes, the button on the base will do as you said by coming all the back way out when you press it..

That is the way it should be because If you do First Click it Lights up with a solid light and if you click the button a second time it will flow off and on like he is igniting the fireball and 3rd is off. I guess thats why the button does not click in and stay.

I dont think that hole on the Fireball should be there and Im waiting to hear back from them. I think the factory forgot to plug and cover up the holes on some because the placement where the hole is doesn't make sense that they would leave a hole in such a visible area.

I seen there other LED statues and I did not notice any visible holes for releasing pressure and if there needs to be a hole why not closer to the mouth underneath as FriendlySamurai has mentioned?

Can Anyone else confirm if their Fireball has a Hole on the Right Side or maybe a different spot and if it is suppose to be there which I dont think it should be?

Thanx for any info!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:25 PM   #227
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I might try asking the fb group later
Old 10-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #228
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:

I can answer some queries for you on this

You can power it without the battery if you like. Any micro USB cable will work and it can be plugged into any USB power source.

I personally like my statue lights to come on when i turn my display lights on, so i leave my statues turned on but they don't light up until i turn the plugs on at the wall. So to do this with F4F pieces i leave the battery out, if you put the battery in and then you turn them off at the wall, the F4F statues stay lit because they are charged lol. Basically you get all the options you need

Regarding the push button, it should push in once for animated lights, push it in again for full lights and then push again for off.

The statues that just have lights on/off have a click button but the statues with more modes (animated) have a soft button with no click ( like my Ornstein ) so you should be fine
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:51 AM   #229
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
I can answer some queries for you on this

You can power it without the battery if you like. Any micro USB cable will work and it can be plugged into any USB power source.

I personally like my statue lights to come on when i turn my display lights on, so i leave my statues turned on but they don't light up until i turn the plugs on at the wall. So to do this with F4F pieces i leave the battery out, if you put the battery in and then you turn them off at the wall, the F4F statues stay lit because they are charged lol. Basically you get all the options you need

Regarding the push button, it should push in once for animated lights, push it in again for full lights and then push again for off.

The statues that just have lights on/off have a click button but the statues with more modes (animated) have a soft button with no click ( like my Ornstein ) so you should be fine
well shucks, looks like I’ll be getting another workout removing the battery lol. Thanks for the info, I think I’ll try to wire him into my light remote. Maybe thisll be the first ever light function I actually use
Old 10-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #230
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

asked in fbg looks like they all have the hole in the same spot

here’s a better pic of the location:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A9994253-090F-435F-BD11-F4B6B4164CFC.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	126281