Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #1211
built2shred
Phoenix

Even if SS makes one there is no guarantee they'll make one collectors want. SS is pretty much all over the map now a days with poses, costumes & bases.. And I doubt they would do anything as cool as a tornado base...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:48 PM   #1212
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Agreed
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:17 PM   #1213
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Even if SS makes one there is no guarantee they'll make one collectors want. SS is pretty much all over the map now a days with poses, costumes & bases.. And I doubt they would do anything as cool as a tornado base...
If they make her, you know they'll do yet another Jim Lee costume, and with a cheap fabric cape to boot.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:52 PM   #1214
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
If they make her, you know they'll do yet another Jim Lee costume, and with a cheap fabric cape to boot.
I was about to comment that SS would make a fabric cape and call it a Maquette so they can charge more. Lolol
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:17 AM   #1215
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If it does, even I might think of selling.

But I think SS is paying attention. Storm in her least loved outfit sold. And now other people want one. So either they will mimic the (hideous) Jim Lee design or do a modern version.

I would love a modern version. Sadly lacking in the market stream.
Well it’s not everybody’s least favorite. This costume certainly isn’t my favorite but I do think it’s fine. And XM’s design tweaks made it look very good.

I would love a modern version but we know ss won’t use an exact comic costume. I bet they’ll do a mohawk switch out regardless. I wouldn’t mind them using this costume or one of its variations as their basis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Exactly.

And I think a new Storm from them would be like XM Phoenix compared to SS Phoenix variant. Good enough in its own right but not enough to make me regret buying my XM Phoenix. And I think SS’s Phoenix has the better head sculpt out of any of XM’s 3 heads. Still doesn’t hold up to the totality of the XM for me. XM hit a home run on this Storm’s face, body, pose and except for that one little extra piece, the base.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:49 AM   #1216
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Mike Misterski

"The lovely Ororo Munroe, also known as the goddess Storm, showed up on my doorstep last week. I will admit I was on the fence when this piece was initially shown as I wasn't a big fan of the tornado, the O-face portrait or the hooker red nail polish. Thankfully XM changed the nail polish to silver and the tornado has grown on me. Being a gentleman, I won't show pictures of the face she makes when the other X-Men leave us alone for the night. ;-)

I really love the white shading and texturing of her costume and cape. It provides for a stark contrast with the gold bracelets and piping on her costume and cape. The pose conveys a sense a regality and is an excellent display of her powers. Her skin tone is spot on perfect and the paint apps are pristine and sharp. Best 1/4 scale Storm on the market today. The MTO edition size (420) will make her challenging to get in the aftermarket, so get yours now if you are on the fence. Eagerly looking forward to mixing and matching the 1/4 scale X-Men offerings from XM and SS. Thanks to XM Studios for this beauty!", Mike Misterski."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:45 AM   #1217
FJC
Midnighter

No matter what sideshow does with a possible new Storm PF, I personally don't think this XM Storm portrait will ever be topped. It is beyond stunning.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:28 AM   #1218
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I want a modern Mohawk. I loved the pant suit with the giant white X across the front. It was her Wolverine & The X-Men/Uncanny X-Force suit.

I hate her new suit in Red. It's too much. It looks like armor and not graceful in the least. The shoulder cape kills me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:02 AM   #1219
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I want a modern Mohawk. I loved the pant suit with the giant white X across the front. It was her Wolverine & The X-Men/Uncanny X-Force suit.

I hate her new suit in Red. It's too much. It looks like armor and not graceful in the least. The shoulder cape kills me.
The black with white X is probably my second favorite look for Storm after her original costume.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:23 PM   #1220
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It’s my third favorite. I’m probably in the minority of living the XTreme XMen suit with the lighting bolt across the front. I also liked how it was blue and red. A nice change of pace.

So it’s the OG suit (and the one Peedi posted), then XTreme, then Ultimate XForce, and finally Savageland. Given my commissions you’d assume Savageland was my second fave lol
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote