Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Unhappy Sideshow Statue repair?

Hey everyone, my very first post and unfortunately it is a disappointing one .

I received a Sideshow Big Chap Maquette (been waiting a long time to get one of these!) and the dome is either badly scratched or cracked (not entirely sure which as from different angles and in different light it could be either). There is no way I can get my money back so as an alternative I am looking for a way to have it repaired.

I am in the UK and really want to get it sorted here. Does anyone know someone that can repair these items?

Also if this is the wrong place to post this please let me know!

Thanks!
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Shame you've received it damaged bud I haven't seen anyone in the UK who does this personally (someone correct me if i'm wrong) all custom work, repairs etc I've seen has always been overseas you may have to take a risk and send it away
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #3
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

I would love to find someone in the UK that does it. There must be someone somewhere in the UK that can do this work? I'm going to start learning how to sculpt myself but this will be wayyyy outside my comfort zone (probably for many years) and I wouldn't even know what materials to use in order to do it. If anyone could think of where I could get it done I would be very appreciative as I am genuinely gutted.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

he is in the UK and a good help!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #5
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Awesome thanks, just sent him a dm. I really hope someone can help as I'm pretty devastated (this was by far the most expensive item (collectible) I have ever purchased and really put me off buying anymore items used again). Thanks for the replies so far!
Old 05-10-2018, 03:43 PM   #6
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAlien View Post
I would love to find someone in the UK that does it. There must be someone somewhere in the UK that can do this work? I'm going to start learning how to sculpt myself but this will be wayyyy outside my comfort zone (probably for many years) and I wouldn't even know what materials to use in order to do it. If anyone could think of where I could get it done I would be very appreciative as I am genuinely gutted.
Sculpting is one thing...repainting is another. You need to do both to complete repair like that.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:49 PM   #7
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Agreed, not sure how the dome on this is painted. Would love to find someone capable of doing this. The irritating thing is that the rest of the statue is perfect. The dome only looks bad when light is shone directly on it so displaying it with a light source from below isn't so bad its just when light is applied from the sides or the top that its noticeable (and it really is noticeable). Hopefully someone can help me with this as it would have been my favourite piece (even superseding the queen bust and the queen is my favourite alien).
Old 05-10-2018, 04:14 PM   #8
Finder40
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAlien View Post
Agreed, not sure how the dome on this is painted. Would love to find someone capable of doing this. The irritating thing is that the rest of the statue is perfect. The dome only looks bad when light is shone directly on it so displaying it with a light source from below isn't so bad its just when light is applied from the sides or the top that its noticeable (and it really is noticeable). Hopefully someone can help me with this as it would have been my favourite piece (even superseding the queen bust and the queen is my favourite alien).
Can you post a pic?
Finder40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:30 PM   #9
nameivom
The Herculoids

If you got it on eBay let the seller know. If you want to keep it maybe they will be kind enough to give some money back for a repair.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #10
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Yeah it was ebay but the seller is not going to do anything as I had a conversation and they said it was '100%' not like that when sent etc. Also the photos they sent don't appear to show it like that however the angles and photo style mean I cannot guarantee it.The box was not damaged either and as it was signed for by a reception person at my company it wont have been declared as 'slightly squashed' upon receipt. I think I've just lost out big time and wasted a LOT of money which I can't really afford. Would love to find someone able to repair it for a reasonable price. It might just need re-lacquering but I'm not sure...