Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Are you happy with how many PFs Sideshow is producing?
Yes - This is a good thing. 103 76.30%
No - I can't keep up. 32 23.70%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #21
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I am happy they are producing a lot new PFs. I think the issue for some people like me is that most are revisits and would like to see some new characters get produced. I am glad we finally have new character PFs like Green Arrow and Mr. Freeze after the 6 revisits lol I have nothing against revisits but I think they should produce more new characters alongside revisited popular characters. Not one or two new ones per 6 revisits.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #22
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Very happy with how many their producing.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #23
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

These things are a luxury. If the issue is you can't afford them all, that's not sideshow's problem.

A better solution would be to switch to collecting something less expensive. I certainly can't afford everything, but I love all the options.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #24
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

We'd never get B and C listers without the "onslaught" so I say bring 'em on.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #25
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I look at it as a means to really, truly not PO anything. The more PO's Sideshow puts out, the more people have to pick and choose, and the more likely these pieces will be available for a very long time. This, in turn, gives people more of a chance to see actual in-hand photos and choose what they really like once they've had time to think, and to choose which pieces end up coming out the most pristine.
This is my stance as well.

1) this isn't the hobby to be an OCD completionist unless you have virtually unlimited space and money to play with.

2) Just because you can't pre-order something, doesn't mean you can't get it eventually. Patience is key to any sort of collecting.

3) The fact that there is so much product is good, because it means there is enough demand for a company like Sideshow to be confident in investing in so many projects. And the more they are investing, the more likely it is that we get things we never could have dreamed of a few years ago.

So I don't really see the downside as a collector. I'd be way more worried if we saw a downturn in production. I guess there's a downside if you're into flipping stuff, but if you're in as a collector long term, this is a good thing from my perspective.

Last edited by COI; 05-16-2018 at 05:28 PM.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #26
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm on a break right now. Had to eat a couple of NRD's recently. Cancelled a bunch of stuff.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:43 PM   #27
jokecool
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I don't see anything wrong with having options. As others have said many are a new version of previously released characters. There's no point in buying a piece just because it's on the market.
jokecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #28
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Oh man I came here thinking they announced an Onslaught statue! oh well LOL I say the more they make the better!
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #29
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Its awesome... just wished they increased the number available that way can get it later when possible vs being sold out...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #30
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

There isn't more DC PFs over the last few years. They are just all comic focused compared to the mix of of TV (Batman 66) Movie (Suicide Squad, BVS, Dark Knight etc) and Comic of the last few years. SSAlex as well as Igo have been hinting that they are mainly focusing on Comic for the last 6 months or so.

This is an amazing thing. Couldn't be happier. There are 9 characters pictured in the new SSC DC video yet to be given the PF treatment. Bring em on asap b/c, as mentioned above, once it's time to make another Trinity we'll be repeating all over again.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote