Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-30-2022, 05:42 AM   #1
Asian Inferno
Doh!

Paragon FX Group Jurassic Park 1:1 John Hammond's Cane Replica

This was a little out of left field and I'm skeptical having experienced the debacle that was Chronicle but a new company know as Paragon FX Group has acquired the license from Universal for prop replicas from the first Jurassic Park film.

Quote:
Specializing in entertainment memorabilia, Paragon FX Group is proud to announce their recent partnership with Universal Studios where they will be manufacturing high-end prop replicas and merchandise from the 1993 film, Jurassic Park. John Hammond's cane will be among the first of many iconic prop replicas to be offered by Paragon in what's promised to be an exciting series of museum quality replicas.
Their first item which is currently in a "Interest List" stage is a replica of John Hammond's Cane.

Quote:
Paragon FX Group is proud to present their 1:1 (full-size) replica of John Hammond's Cane from Jurassic Park.

Founder of InGen and creator of Jurassic Park, the affable John Hammond is forever steadied by a constant reminder of his work. Made from fossilized dinosaur bone, Hammond's cane is topped with a piece of Dominican amber containing the very lynchpin to his work at Jurassic Park. A fossilized, blood-filled mosquito containing the DNA of a 46 million year old dinosaur.

Paragon FX Group has proudly partnered with Universal Studios and Amblin Entertainment to bring you this limited edition, museum quality replica. Crafted in resin and meticulously finished, each cane is adorned with faux amber and insect. (Toxorhynchites rutilus)
Asian Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:26 AM   #2
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Looks like the Chronicle one.
The whole company does in fact, their FAQ also share the same exact vibe. Maybe related?

They don't accept PayPal and don't ship internationally anyway.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:39 AM   #3
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

ugh..a cane?

They want to impress out of the gate they should have released the Barbasol can.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 08:55 PM   #4
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Looks like the Chronicle one.
The whole company does in fact, their FAQ also share the same exact vibe. Maybe related?

They don't accept PayPal and don't ship internationally anyway.
Would love to know if this is Chronicle rehashed, they owe me the Jurassic Park goggles I paid for and never received.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:13 PM   #5
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

The name of that company sounds suspiciously similar to the company Chronicle made the original canes for.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:00 AM   #6
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Paragon FX has a rep on RPF. They seem to be very communicatitve and up front about their replicas. Sideshow is also carrying them which protects potential buyers.

I am looking foward to their Blade Runner items currently in the works as well as their Batman offerings.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:00 AM   #7
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Sideshow is also carrying them which protects potential buyers.

I am looking foward to their Blade Runner items currently in the works as well as their Batman offerings.
Well, in this case i'm really looking forward to the never delivered JP replicas Chronicle promised us. According to this:

Quote:
John Hammond's cane will be among the first of many iconic prop replicas to be offered by Paragon in what's promised to be an exciting series of museum quality replicas.

Art director Tyler Ham adds, ''Working with Universal and Amblin is incredibly exciting; there's so much to do from this Universe. If you were to ask anyone on our team, to name a favorite film, JP always makes itself into the conversation. This is truly a personal favorite and we've got some great things coming!''
Things like Night Vision Goggles and Barbasol Can could be expected, finally.

Now i just hope for actual quality, as what i've seen so far on their site is not exactly promising.. clearly ICONS this is not.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:02 AM   #8
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

And here I was thinking this was the STATUE Forum, and not "random" collectibles Forum.

I guess we'll be discussing buttons and bottle tops next.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:35 AM   #9
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
And here I was thinking this was the STATUE Forum, and not "random" collectibles Forum.

I guess we'll be discussing buttons and bottle tops next.....
Many people collect statues and replicas. They are equally neat and make for great discussions.

Certainly not the same as buttons and bottle tops.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:45 AM   #10
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Many people collect statues and replicas. They are equally neat and make for great discussions.

Certainly not the same as buttons and bottle tops.
Agreed.

Actually I'm at fault - this section is labelled "General Statue & Collectible" - meaning - I would assume you can post anything here, cars, guns, knives, dogs - you name it.

I guess if that's not the case the MODS need to give the section a clearer label.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote