Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-21-2022, 03:36 AM   #1371
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I just got my Killerbee statue. I notice her thigh looked bigger than SF2 classic and when I measured it from the top, it’s about 2mm thicker. Also found that her peg position is slightly angled differently than the classic base. Anyones notice that difference? I’m also confused why killer bees braid is longer than the classic? Anyone know the significance of why we got 2 different lengths?

On a side note, I can’t believe the seller threw away the bag, the foam corners, silica packs and remove the white gloves from the statue. There was a small paint chip on the hair where the peg braid inserts goes in it. I’ll have to clean and paint over it. I did get $50 refund so $900 USD plus global shipping was ok. Haven’t decided if I want to leave him a feedback or not though.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 09:49 AM   #1372
qz33
Rescue

Why can't people list statues accurately? They just want to sell for as much as possible. See so many auctions listed as Brand New only to read the statue was displayed in a curio.

Statues are too fragile and part of Brand New is you know something hasn't been removed so you know it has less chances of problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I just got my Killerbee statue. I notice her thigh looked bigger than SF2 classic and when I measured it from the top, it?s about 2mm thicker. Also found that her peg position is slightly angled differently than the classic base. Anyones notice that difference? I?m also confused why killer bees braid is longer than the classic? Anyone know the significance of why we got 2 different lengths?

On a side note, I can?t believe the seller threw away the bag, the foam corners, silica packs and remove the white gloves from the statue. There was a small paint chip on the hair where the peg braid inserts goes in it. I?ll have to clean and paint over it. I did get $50 refund so $900 USD plus global shipping was ok. Haven?t decided if I want to leave him a feedback or not though.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 10:08 AM   #1373
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
I just got my Killerbee statue. I notice her thigh looked bigger than SF2 classic and when I measured it from the top, it?s about 2mm thicker. Also found that her peg position is slightly angled differently than the classic base. Anyones notice that difference? I?m also confused why killer bees braid is longer than the classic? Anyone know the significance of why we got 2 different lengths?
Regarding the braid length, my guess is they just wanted another distinction between the classic version and the Killer Bee version besides swapping her costume. Comparing the two in the video games (i.e. Super Street Fighter II for classic versus Street Fighter Alpha for Killer Bee) her braids seem about the same length. Artwork, on the other hand, seems to depend on the whim of the artist. I don't think Capcom ever established any "official" braid length. Again, this is just my guess so take it for what it's worth.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:47 PM   #1374
VS1976

Finally some decent weather. Nelly finally got her Killerbee Statue

Old 05-22-2022, 11:09 PM   #1375
qz33
Rescue

Looks sharp!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 02:35 PM   #1376
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

@VS1976 now that's what you call a well-behaved doggie!
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:54 PM   #1377
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Looks sharp!
Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
@VS1976 now that's what you call a well-behaved doggie!
Haha… not when she’s near Hoomans and other dogs
Old 05-24-2022, 09:04 PM   #1378
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Finally some decent weather. Nelly finally got her Killerbee Statue

Stunning 😍

Congratulations!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:34 AM   #1379
ukshaun
Hercules

Cammy looks great!
No hard feelings, but photo's of statues with the owners pet/pets is not my thing.
Not that i have anything against cats, dogs, birds etc. I prefer cats, followed by lizards
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:04 AM   #1380
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Cammy looks great!
No hard feelings, but photo's of statues with the owners pet/pets is not my thing.
Not that i have anything against cats, dogs, birds etc. I prefer cats, followed by lizards
Haha.. I post nelly with her statues on Instagram. Gives something different to post rather then just let pics lol