Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
ratchet
Mandarin

-1 Tristan Sandnes - I found this artist's blog and enjoyed looking at it - thought he was talented enough to ask for a commission. Not only was he unclear as he expected to give me a digital print - not the actual art work - but he charged an outrageous price for what he delivered. I was hugely dismayed in this experience and cannot recommend him to anyone.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #12
statman
Baron Zemo

+1 Wayne Nichols

Wayne is an Australia based artist that was apleasure to work with. His prices are very reasonable and turnaround time was quick. The art was packaged well and I was pleased with the end result. Would recommend to anyone looking to get a nice, inexpensive commission.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #13
Simon Williams
Kindly Asked To Leave

+1 Rahsan Ekedal

Rahsan is very great to deal with.One of the quickest and nicest guys I have dealt with.Very reasonable prices and his rep Jason Palmer deserves a +1 as well.
Simon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:10 PM   #14
statman
Baron Zemo

-1 Jamie Fay

I found this artist over on deviantArt and quite liked his style. Going in, I asked how long it would take him to do the commission. He said 2-3 weeks tops. Well it's been about 7 months now and I still haven't gotten what I paid for. In the time that I've been waiting I have seen him complete 25-30 other commissions! Supposedly it is in the mail (again) as I type this, but I'm not holding my breath. The whole time there have been excuses after excuses as to why the art was not done. Supposedly it took him 2 months to get the markers required to color my piece. Then after he showed me the completed piece in November, he kept coming up with excuses as to why he wasn't able to mail out the work. Apparently there are 5 post offices near him, that he visited several times, that did not have shipping materials for him to use. Riiiiight... Needless to say, that even though he does nice looking work for a very reasonable price, I would not recommend him to anyone.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #15
Ginchy
I am da law!

+1 Chris Stevens

I have two commissions from him and plan on getting more in the future. His artwork is awesome an now that he has added a bust option for commissions you have another option to fit the budget. Good communication, great work, prompt shipping. Highly recommended.

+1 Yildiray Cinar

Cinar was lightning quick in his communication and turnaround and I was delighted with the result. I got a final scan the day after I commissioned him. Crazy and awesome. Highly recommended.

-1 Buzz

At the end of Heroes Con I was bummed when Buzz told me he couldn't get to my name on the list. However, he volunteered to do it at home and said since it was a convention sketch that I shouldn't have to pay til after it was completed. A few days after the con, he wrote telling me it was finished and that I would have to send him a scan of it because his was busted. I sent him the money for it and I've been waiting on it for over six months. The only thing I've received is a never-ending string of ridiculous excuses. I think the last five emails are all the same, with him promising 'it will go out this week' or 'I'll send it tomorrow.' Love his work but there is no way I would ever commission him outside a con. Since having this experience I have learned of about 7 or 8 other people dealing with this same thing from him and some of their wait times dwarf mine. Commission at your own risk.
Ginchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #16
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

-1 Buzz
Going on a year or so...promised after Heroes as well as SDCC, got the scanner excuse as well...still waiting...great artist...but no client skills at all....definitely commish at your own risk

+1 Jainai Jefferies
Brilliant DA artist, I posted 2 pieces of her work...outstanding....definitely worth the time and money...delivers dream pieces and will definitely go out of her way to satisfy....100% satisfaction guaranteed!

+1 Joe Lalich
Turn around time is quick and excellent, puts alot of effort and detail into his work....prices are nice...must check out
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #17
Simon Williams
Kindly Asked To Leave

-1 Buzz.

I use to be a big fan of his work,but as others have said only do so if its at a con.I too have been waiting a year for a commission from Buzz.Paid him at the last NYCC for a Black Panther piece and I get the same story.Its in the mail.Sorry I'll send it out tomorrow.Couldnt scan it cause the scanner doesnt work.Commission at your own risk.
Simon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
redskullrudd
I am da law!

+1 : Chris Stevens - pretty much everyone here has said it already. #1 for commission experience - period. Total pro and quality of work is outstanding, amazing turn around time and communication. Puts a lot more into his bust size work that you'd ever expect. Great guy to deal with. I want more lol

+1 Eddie Nunez - had a couple of pieces from him now, both grey scale. His work in that medium is really something else. Fast communiinucation, good pricing, real unique style. can't go wrong with him at all.

+1 Taki Soma - Taki does awesome charcoal work. Really friendly and keep you updated. My piece with her took a couple of months due to her relocating, but she upgraded the size of the piece for free and I was blown away with the finished piece.

+1 David Mack - not really full commission but he's gotten sketches and original pages to me before via mail. Again probably one of the nicest guys to deal with. Sometimes it might take a couple of months with his workload, but he never forgets and the sketches are nice brush work.
redskullrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #19
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
+1 Wayne Nichols - He is such a joy to work with, makes me wonder why I haven't gotten more from him! I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone!
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #20
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
+1 Yildiray Cinar - bought some stuff off is gallery on Devianart and he has awesome communication and fast shipping. The only bummer for me was the cost of the money order to Europe as he did not accept PayPal when I worked with him. The only other bummer was that I couldn't afford to get more stuff from him!
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote