Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-02-2022, 04:14 AM   #141
Fables
Doh!

This one seems to divide opinions here.

Personally I love it and can't wait to hear when they will actually ship.
Fables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:36 PM   #142
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

I read GHeroes Europe will get her end of may. Should be shipped now.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:21 AM   #143
Fables
Doh!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I read GHeroes Europe will get her end of may. Should be shipped now.
Great! Thank you for telling this.

Gheroes is where I have bought my statue and I just double checked the info on the webpages with them and got this reply:

We will inform all clients for balance payments around next week and the one who paid in full for freight charges by the end of this month.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:55 AM   #144
Fables
Doh!

I was just asked to pay the freight with this note:

"Catwoman will arrive in the beginning of June"
Old 06-21-2022, 11:32 AM   #145
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I know there's not a love for this statue here (which I really don't understand...) but it seems people got their wish on her turning out poorly. Three years almost to the day since this thread started at that! I've seen one Youtube review and some pictures on Facebook where the head paint doesn't match her chest paint. Not sure if it's the same guy or not, but it's not promising. It looks like they used the translucent resin on her head flesh and then solid-painted her chest.

The Youtube review is badly lit, but the photos match the difference in flesh tone. Makes me a bit worried, because this isn't just bad first photos put out into the wild with no explanation. The guy who posted them was ticked off that she looked like this and wanted his money back.

Hopefully this isn't the case on all of them. I only just recently got my first XM piece - the Rebirth Batman - and was hoping for the same quality on Catwoman so I could pair the two.

Again, not my photo, this if from Facebook:
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:39 PM   #146
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
I know there's not a love for this statue here (which I really don't understand...) but it seems people got their wish on her turning out poorly. Three years almost to the day since this thread started at that! I've seen one Youtube review and some pictures on Facebook where the head paint doesn't match her chest paint. Not sure if it's the same guy or not, but it's not promising. It looks like they used the translucent resin on her head flesh and then solid-painted her chest.

The Youtube review is badly lit, but the photos match the difference in flesh tone. Makes me a bit worried, because this isn't just bad first photos put out into the wild with no explanation. The guy who posted them was ticked off that she looked like this and wanted his money back.

Hopefully this isn't the case on all of them. I only just recently got my first XM piece - the Rebirth Batman - and was hoping for the same quality on Catwoman so I could pair the two.

Again, not my photo, this if from Facebook:
I've seen multiple pictures from multiple people... many have a variety of QC problems, but this face and chest color difference is in each and every one of them.

I personally loved this sculpt and hoped it would be a sleeper hit once it hit collector hands. It's mind boggling that XM thought this was fine to release out to customers. Hopefully they make it right somehow and soon.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:58 PM   #147
Asgard
Deadman

Not a pretty face. The pupils don't seem right either
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:56 AM   #148
Fables
Doh!

I just got this statue and I love everything else about it except the skin tone difference in the chest area vs head. That is a shame as I think it's otherwise perfect catwoman statue. I also love the head sculpt without goggles except the skin tone.

I actually wrote to XM-studios about this complaint and got auto-reply telling me that they will reply in 10 days. I'm curious to see what they will say.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:58 AM   #149
Fables
Doh!

ps. They actually replied immediately:

Hi

Thank you for contacting XM Customer Care.

I will give feedback to my team about your concerns and will look into it. We will replace all the portraits and will correct them.

Thank you

Regards,
Grace
XM Custcare
Old 06-22-2022, 01:34 PM   #150
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fables View Post
ps. They actually replied immediately:

Hi

Thank you for contacting XM Customer Care.

I will give feedback to my team about your concerns and will look into it. We will replace all the portraits and will correct them.

Thank you

Regards,
Grace
XM Custcare
That's good to know, because I really didn't want to have to cancel my order after waiting for 3 years. I mean, I'll have to wait MORE for a better head I suppose, but it's better than not having the statue at all.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote