Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-30-2021, 10:28 AM   #21
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I still worry that the Star Wars Rebels based Sideshow piece might not match well with my Iron Studios Mando & Grogu.
Hmmm, maybe. Din is a curious one because he is masked (or helmeted) so how he blends with other style seem a bit more flexible to me than characters utilizing an actor likeness or an animation style.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #22
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I would buy according to what you’re trying to represent. If it’s Ahsoka from Mandalorian, then I would go with Iron Studios; but if it’s Clone Wars or Rebels then Sideshow would be better.
I'd prefer to represent the Ahsoka from the Mandalorian, but with a better likeness on the portrait, and the piece in the Sideshow pose.

Can I have that? Please?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:27 AM   #23
No1
The Avengers

Easy pass for me, I hated the Ahsoka live version, the actress looks so weird

First the dress don't help at all, making she looks fat and slow, Ahsoka was always very skinny, second in the head she have those 3 "tails" very long and 2 "horns" very high, and they changed that on the live version, now looks like some old boobs falling, and talking about that, Ashoka have almost no boobs in animations, but in the live version she have too much, looks so weird, and she looks very old too (ok many years pass since Rebels but still).

They should give this paper to a young, shorter and skinny woman, I like the actress, but they made a wrong choice, and they only gave her the role because she was the darling of Disney/Marvel
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:35 AM   #24
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post

First the dress don't help at all, making she looks fat and slow, Ahsoka was always very skinny, second in the head she have those 3 "tails" very long and 2 "horns" very high, and they changed that on the live version, now looks like some old boobs falling, and talking about that, Ashoka have almost no boobs in animations, but in the live version she have too much, looks so weird, and she looks very old too (ok many years pass since Rebels but still).

They should give this paper to a young, shorter and skinny woman, I like the actress, but they made a wrong choice, and they only gave her the role because she was the darling of Disney/Marvel
This is an odd take. But sure.

And I hope your not saying Rosario Dawson is Zoe Saldana. That would be an ever worst take. How is Rosario Dawson the "Darling" of Disney/Marvel?
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:52 AM   #25
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:

I thought she was perfect.
Old 09-30-2021, 12:08 PM   #26
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:

The montrals and lekku were adjusted because of real world aspects of moving and doing stunts with them. Animation has no limits, so I understand the challenge there.

I think the casting was about spot on for an older Ahsoka. Filoni mentioned it was fans that suggested it and planted the seed so he put her forth when the casting was happening.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #27
No1
The Avengers

I just think that works better a real actor transported to animation and not the contrary, that's my opinion, for me she's far away from the idea of Ahsoka Tano that I have.

And I just say it's like she was choose more because she's very famous and was in a lot of Marvel series as Claire (very good I liked her there), just mean I don't like her as Ahsoka and even less the visual concept.

About the creator, Filoni is more happy than ever now, he can see his dream coming true taking more and more creativity control over the Star Wars universe, he would be happy just to see Ahsoka in live action, this don't mean she looks good.

Today all the market and pop culture it's more about hype than anything, let's be honest you really really liked her how she looks like and act, you really see Ahsoka there, or are you just happy cause now we have more Ahsoka and in live action?

I remember how many people don't liked the look of Ahsoka in Rebels where she was a little older and diferent, imagine in live action, so there's nothing odd about it, a lot of people don't liked.

But if you liked, good for you!
Old 09-30-2021, 05:32 PM   #28
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
let's be honest you really really liked her how she looks like and act, you really see Ahsoka there, or are you just happy cause now we have more Ahsoka and in live action?
I was truly happy with her look and her performance. I can't imagine who would have played the part better.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:38 PM   #29
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Rosario Dawson looks more like an older Clone Wars Ahsoka than the horse-faced Rebels version.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:52 PM   #30
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Rosario Dawson looks more like an older Clone Wars Ahsoka than the horse-faced Rebels version.
A lot of people don't like her on Rebels, was kind of a shock, we have Clone Wars Ahsoka from Koto, looks really cool, they made Anakin and Obi Wan too.