Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-22-2022, 09:51 AM   #4791
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

It is indeed! Will be keeping my eye on the reissues.
I missed some other reissues and now kick myself (Power Girl, Raven, Starfire)
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 03:28 PM   #4792
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

Hi gonk, any update on the 1/6 Gambit? Is he still happening?

Also, any chance of a closed mouth Morrigan Bishoujo exclusive? (maybe in p2 colors)?
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:59 AM   #4793
Augen
Metal Men

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/07/loll...make-announced

Come on Kotobukiya! A remake in 2023, need a Bishoujo!
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:14 AM   #4794
Rafaelcab
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Angry

If anyone from kotobukya is listening can you please give up the license for 1/6 scale marvel statues so that a competent company who actually cares can take it over. It's ridiculous the extremely slow cadence of statue releases coming out of koto, the constant rehash of the same characters over and over again, and lastly the insane prices koto has been demanding for their new pieces nowadays. When i see what Tweeterhead and XM Studios are doing with their 1/6 scale DC license it makes me sad and upset to see how bad koto is dropping the ball.
Rafaelcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:58 AM   #4795
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelcab View Post
If anyone from kotobukya is listening can you please give up the license for 1/6 scale marvel statues so that a competent company who actually cares can take it over. It's ridiculous the extremely slow cadence of statue releases coming out of koto, the constant rehash of the same characters over and over again, and lastly the insane prices koto has been demanding for their new pieces nowadays. When i see what Tweeterhead and XM Studios are doing with their 1/6 scale DC license it makes me sad and upset to see how bad koto is dropping the ball.
This^.....Thank you.

1/6th fine art was non-existent at SDCC. The hell is going on?! We've been saying this since Sosa left. And I thought 3 statues a year was slow.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 03:45 PM   #4796
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

If you think Koto's prices are nuts (and they are), not sure you'll be happier with Tweeterhead or XM Studios.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:27 PM   #4797
Rafaelcab
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraVoyent View Post
If you think Koto's prices are nuts (and they are), not sure you'll be happier with Tweeterhead or XM Studios.
Touche on price, in hindsight other competitors to koto are on par with pricing the exception being cable (its got a crazy price tag to it). With that said though at least I know as a collector that purchasing through Tweeterhead and XM studios they will continue to supported their lines with new characters and a release cadence of several statues a year.

I started collecting because of Koto, but after seeing that new pieces/characters were slow or straight up absent from releasing i started to look elsewhere for my collection and turned to 1/4 scale. Im slowly fazing out of 1/6 due to the lack of support and its a bummer because, although i love 1/4 scale, 1/6 scale is the sweet spot allowing me the ability to collect far more marvel characters in the space that i have available.
Rafaelcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:03 PM   #4798
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

After getting excited over Kotobukiya announcements the past couple of years and not seeing much in return then witnessing the avalanche of manga and anime PVC pieces they produce I'll never expect much from them when it comes to 1/6 Marvel comics statues. That doesn't mean I think they'll ever give up the license. And who would take over the license? Even though they sell worldwide I'm assuming the license gives koto the exclusive rights for the Japanese market. I'm not sure another company in that market would be any better at giving attention to the Marvel comics license over hundreds of anime licenses that are probably more profitable. Just spit balling here. I could be totally wrong.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:46 PM   #4799
Andres
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I agree, I was hoping to see Cable and Deadpool at SDCC, but i think that what happened it's that it wasn't Kotobukiya and instead it was Koto.Inc (US Kotobukiya), and that's why a lot of new pieces weren't at the con, that's what I think but who knows.

Hopefully we will see Ghost Rider soon, and more characters will come out
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 12:03 PM   #4800
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

I think they may be hindered with the comic licenses since they aren't allowed to release them in the bishoujo style anymore.
So you end up with bland pieces like Kate Bishop or the new upcoming Batgirl, which are just regular ol' figures of those characters with no bishoujo personality. Meh.