Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
mikemanau
Doh!

Question Moore Creations - Witchblade Question

Hi guys,

I recently picked up a nice Moore Creations, 1997 Witchblade statue, which looks like this one:

http://www.mrcollectoronline.com/ima...witchblade.jpg

The detail is fantastic. However I had one quick question that's been bugging me.

It didn't come with a certificate of authenticity. Do they normally come with one?

Also, does it devalue the statue if it doesn't have the certificate? Can one be obtained again from Moore?

I asked the seller of the item, but unfortunately he sold it on behalf of a man that died of lung cancer, so he had no idea re: a certificate.

The item looks 100% legit... but I find myself stressing over that small piece of paper!

Cheers everyone. Any help is really appreciated!
mikemanau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
iceprince_x
Deadman

I got mine through ebay and it has its original box and packaging but with no certificate of authenticity... I presume that it does not have one.

As for the value on the market...it is more on the condition of the item, if it is signed or not and the number that often dictates the price of this piece.

There are also variants to consider.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
mikemanau
Doh!

Fantastic, thanks for the reply. I'm assuming some don't come with the paper? I always imagined for such a somewhat limited piece, that all would have a certificate.

Perhaps I can contact Moore and enquire and also see if it's possible to get a new certificate done. If you're interested, I could post back and see what they say.

Regarding the prices: I noticed that lower numbers fetch considerably more. I saw a #8 which was going for about $800 US. (Asking price). I've gone one in the 1,300s which is a bit of a 'random'. Nothing as good as #666 would be for instance. I imagine that would fetch a nice price.

The condition is mint though, so I guess that's the main thing. \

EDIT: It's also the standard piece, not the one with the silver arm. That is rare indeed.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:44 AM   #4
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I got this new when it first came out and I have just double checked my box and there is no certificate.

It is a sweet piece. It was the first statue that I ever got and I haven't thought about getting rid of it even once. Definitely a keeper!
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
Sweden
Kindly Asked To Leave

Congrats on your pickup. She's my favorite all-time statue and the first i came to own.
Sweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

COA's are worthless in my opinion.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

The story that I have heard about these is that while Clay was traveling by Air his luggage was stolen with several Witchblade statues, none of these have the COA included because they were not in the same bags. Clay have to make more statues that were sold with the COA. I am not sure of the certainty of this story but it is documented in some websites.
ta2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 AM   #8
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

If it in fact was a recast they could have easily remade a certificate so theres no since in sweating it.
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2215 View Post
The story that I have heard about these is that while Clay was traveling by Air his luggage was stolen with several Witchblade statues, none of these have the COA included because they were not in the same bags. Clay have to make more statues that were sold with the COA. I am not sure of the certainty of this story but it is documented in some websites.

I think there is probably some confusion here on TA's part.

I think he's referring to the batch of the exclusives with the Sterling Silver gauntlet that were stolen/lost during shipping from China. What Clay ended up doing was having the pieces remade, and I believe the replacement COAs began with the letter R. Example #R109 of 250, to designate the replacements.

EDIT: Found this in an old thread.

Hello,

I passed your question to Mr. Moore, and he said that the numbers that
were stolen were #1-200, and are considered stolen merchandise by the
FBI.
He is not certain if these stolen items had a certificate of authenticity.
The remanufactured statues have an "R-" followed by the edition number.
Hope that helps!

Take care,
Customer Service
The CS Moore Studio

Except that it's a little off, because I have #R-203, so it must have been more than 1-200.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #10
mikemanau
Doh!

Ahhhh, right, I see.

Well I contacted CS Moore and I was told that after having spoken to Mr. Moore, these particular statues did not come with a certificate.

Even if it is a recast... it's an amazing one. I've heard no reports of any recasts for these statues... but you never know.

I subsequently also blew more money on the school girl and bikini statue. No certificates either... but I question the possibility of a recast.

Thanks for the info everyone!