Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #11
tonytiger
The X-Men

can he just put out the exact same "limited edition" statue again?

I think he can my calling it a 2nd edition as DC direct did? As for Bowen prices falling? ahh don't see it..Maybe a few pieces that weren't that hot begin with...Most prices are still above retail on e-bay..just go and look.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:51 PM   #12
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
I think he can my calling it a 2nd edition as DC direct did? As for Bowen prices falling? ahh don't see it..Maybe a few pieces that weren't that hot begin with...Most prices are still above retail on e-bay..just go and look.
right,DC did it.major scumbagel move.and they went right after that mignola black and white statue.they did do a drop different on the base or something,right?
calling the darknite returns horse statue year of the horse statue,and the darkside superman became a 2 piece when the original had supe and darkside as one.makes me wonder if you do have to do a little change to make it legal.you know , i know a lawsuit would probably never come about either way.curious tho.
genesimmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #13
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons1 View Post
right,DC did it.major scumbagel move.and they went right after that mignola black and white statue.they did do a drop different on the base or something,right?
calling the darknite returns horse statue year of the horse statue,and the darkside superman became a 2 piece when the original had supe and darkside as one.makes me wonder if you do have to do a little change to make it legal.you know , i know a lawsuit would probably never come about either way.curious tho.
RIGHT! Now that Batman B&W thing, with the same statue but a negative base is complete bull**** IMHO
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:11 PM   #14
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
RIGHT! Now that Batman B&W thing, with the same statue but a negative base is complete bull**** IMHO
right! negative base...how slimy was that! Like the only batman black and white that went up in price they rook everyone that had the honor of buying it.DC is another story tho.big old coporation like that cant even get out a decent line of bowen sized statues.no grundy.doomsday,penguin!!, riddler!!black manta!!...the list goes on! and the ones that came out had those weak ankles that crack!green arrow,aquaman,and some of the bolland wonder womans all have that.DC is pathetic.

Last edited by genesimmons1; 02-08-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spell
Old 02-08-2015, 11:52 PM   #15
qz33
Rescue

I wouldn't mind some 2nd editions. I don't see them doing it though.

I can't really see Bowen coming back in any regard. Unless they had 200 Aps of each statue made the vault has to be running thin.

Keeping the warehouse and the staff has to be a challenge without new statues.

The license is a problem. The divorce is really an excuse but I haven't heard Randy using it. Plenty of folks go through a divorce but they don't quit their jobs or let their company sink.

The game has changed a lot in the past 5 years. I don't know if Bowen wants to change with it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:05 AM   #16
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

After looking through their archive of prefer some new chill statues instead of releases.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:46 AM   #17
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

looking at the the high price of some busts statues

I do not mind second editions

are we in this because we love statues busts?

or are we in it for the money?

One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:31 PM   #18
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
looking at the the high price of some busts statues

I do not mind second editions

are we in this because we love statues busts?

or are we in it for the money?

I love all my statues.all my limited edition statues.I didnt sign on to collect china town mass produced buddhas!!! ha!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:57 PM   #19
markecho
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm for second releases all the way around! Bowen, Koto, Sideshow, XM...

I know some want the "limited-ness" to add to value, but some people don't know about this stuff until later. Or what about the next generation and new fans? I cringe when I hear or read about someone paying $600 for a $200 or under piece.

I'm cheap so I rarely pay over retail, so yes re-releases are welcome imho. I think if this happened we wouldn't see crazy scalping prices on ebay also.
markecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:03 PM   #20
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markecho View Post
I'm for second releases all the way around! Bowen, Koto, Sideshow, XM...

I know some want the "limited-ness" to add to value, but some people don't know about this stuff until later. Or what about the next generation and new fans? I cringe when I hear or read about someone paying $600 for a $200 or under piece.

I'm cheap so I rarely pay over retail, so yes re-releases are welcome imho. I think if this happened we wouldn't see crazy scalping prices on ebay also.
Things are only worth as much as people are willing to pay for them. So if people are willing to do $600 for that piece then it is worth that much to them.

I draw the line differently depending on the statue/size/quality/original price. It is all in the eye of the beholder.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote