Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #291
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Now that I have come to my senses , I think it's a nonsense exclusive.
True, it's not a must have by any means. If you are going to display all 3 in a tight space it will be nice to elevate her in the background. But you could use any kind of riser for that since it would more than likely be blocked. I was planning to order all 3 anyway so it's a nice little bonus nonetheless.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #292
nearmint
Phoenix

In my experience, collectors rarely want to make a piece taller.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #293
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
In my experience, collectors rarely want to make a piece taller.
Speaking for myself though I do like to have different elevations to pieces displayed within close proximity of one another so as not to obscure one piece in favor of another. This trio fits that bill and had they not supplied a riser I'd have likely used one of my clear acrylic risers to achieve the same effect. So while this exclusive addition isn't essential I appreciate it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #294
nearmint
Phoenix

I just couldn't bring myself to buy Bud & Lou.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #295
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah...it is just a riser. Not a necessity, but a nice little something that I'll likely use. I actually use a lot of risers...adds variation to a display.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #296
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I just couldn't bring myself to buy Bud & Lou.
I think I am going to Bail from this line. I think I need to really slow down , I have no space and my CC has taken a beating these last few months as all the preorders started rolling in.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #297
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
I think I am going to Bail from this line. I think I need to really slow down , I have no space and my CC has taken a beating these last few months as all the preorders started rolling in.
I hear you. I had 3 of my last 4 PF's that were on order all come in within a month of one another. Angela, Huntress and now Jane Foster...and now the Julie Newmar Tweeterhead is coming out soon as well. This has been a rough few weeks on my CC.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:33 AM   #298
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Taking a step back is never a bad thing. Plus if you change your mind and decide to jump back in I'd imagine you'll be able to snag most of these pieces at retail for a while still. Edition sizes will likely be pretty decent sized. That said if the line takes off these early pieces could eventually become harder to find as more collectors jump on board.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #299
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Taking a step back is never a bad thing. Plus if you change your mind and decide to jump back in I'd imagine you'll be able to snag most of these pieces at retail for a while still. Edition sizes will likely be pretty decent sized. That said if the line takes off these early pieces could eventually become harder to find as more collectors jump on board.
And I started collecting prints ,coz yknow u need those hits of coke in between shots of heroin.

Sometimes I think about all the money i could have saved without having some addiction and crya little.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #300
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I hear ya on prints. Easily as consuming as statues and if you're hunting for things on the aftermarket just as expensive, and that's not even factoring in framing which is often more than the print itself.

Thankfully I've all but stopped buying prints myself as I made a commitment to only purchase what I could see myself framing someday. For a while I was getting carried away, basically just filling a presentation case that rarely ever gets opened. My wall space is almost completely occupied in my current residence and I still have a half dozen or so I'd like to frame once I get into a larger place so that hobby is definitely on hold for me.