Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-25-2007, 12:35 AM   #1381
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBane View Post
The split personality thing was totally seperate. She has always been strong but her grief about her sister dying is what made the split personality come out.
She definately got all her self's together there for at least a while
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #1382
Justin
Jedi Order

It seems I'm in the minority of people here that enjoyed the finale, I thought it was fantastic story telling and I think the reason we didn’t have the big throw down between Peter & Sylar is the simple fact Peter can not compete with Sylar. Sylar is able to control more than one power at a time while Peter can not. so Sylar is going to give Peter an asskicking every single time they meet, which is the reason Peter has "died" twice at the hands of Sylar already.

I don’t think any of the Heroes died at the end of season one, I've got a feeling that we are going to find out Nathan & Peter have survived the explosion and Sylar will be back for season 2 also, what are the thoughts on it being the invisible man that dragged him into the sewers? he was in nyc with the other Heroes when Peter was having his dreams yet we didn’t see him there in the finale, could he be trying to team up with Sylar to fight against the company as he has shown in the past the he doesn’t like the way they do things.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #1383
imthkman
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
It seems I'm in the minority of people here that enjoyed the finale, I thought it was fantastic story telling and I think the reason we didn’t have the big throw down between Peter & Sylar is the simple fact Peter can not compete with Sylar. Sylar is able to control more than one power at a time while Peter can not. so Sylar is going to give Peter an asskicking every single time they meet, which is the reason Peter has "died" twice at the hands of Sylar already.

I don’t think any of the Heroes died at the end of season one, I've got a feeling that we are going to find out Nathan & Peter have survived the explosion and Sylar will be back for season 2 also, what are the thoughts on it being the invisible man that dragged him into the sewers? he was in nyc with the other Heroes when Peter was having his dreams yet we didn’t see him there in the finale, could he be trying to team up with Sylar to fight against the company as he has shown in the past the he doesn’t like the way they do things.
That may be true, but Sylar hasn't really been shown using multiple powers at once, has he? I'm thinking the "finger scapel" can be telekinesis, if not then he is usually using that and telekinesis at the same time. Another factor is that Sylar understands the powers, and may have the edge in mastering them. I think if you come back to Peter in 5 years (like the future episode) he will have mastered his ability and can pick up powers a bit easier. I think that's why the future fight was more impressive. Peter was simply a more "polished" mutant.
imthkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #1384
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthkman View Post
That may be true, but Sylar hasn't really been shown using multiple powers at once, has he? I'm thinking the "finger scapel" can be telekinesis, if not then he is usually using that and telekinesis at the same time. Another factor is that Sylar understands the powers, and may have the edge in mastering them. I think if you come back to Peter in 5 years (like the future episode) he will have mastered his ability and can pick up powers a bit easier. I think that's why the future fight was more impressive. Peter was simply a more "polished" mutant.
yeah that’s a fair point mate, One thing I think they messed up on is that Peter hasn’t been able to pick up Sylar’s other powers, Like his super hearing for example. Peter has been around Sylar plenty of times since Sylar stole that from the old mechanic woman yet he hasn’t been able to pick them up. Could it be that Peter has a maximum amount of powers he can absorb from others and he has reached that level? Could be an interesting storyline to explore in season 2
Old 05-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #1385
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

Great point! I hadn't thougth of that, and it makes more sense to me than Sylar just dragging himself. I think he was too far gone to do it. Good call....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #1386
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

All I can say is that I hav ejust sat down and watched the entire 1st season back to back this weekend. Thank you Sci-Fi channel and my DVR. I am hooked what a great show with great characters and homage to comics and creaters. (Stan Lee, Chris Claremont, Quesada, Alonso) and sci-fi like Star Trek & Wars) Great concept , i'll be here fo rthe long run , Why was I watching 24 instead of this?
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:12 AM   #1387
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
All I can say is that I hav ejust sat down and watched the entire 1st season back to back this weekend. Thank you Sci-Fi channel and my DVR. I am hooked what a great show with great characters and homage to comics and creaters. (Stan Lee, Chris Claremont, Quesada, Alonso) and sci-fi like Star Trek & Wars) Great concept , i'll be here fo rthe long run , Why was I watching 24 instead of this?
I think 24 is a great show, Heroes is the greatest show on TV though IMO Aslong as your there for season 2 you'll be happy