Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #41
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

I can only imagine if DC had gone ahead with Whedon's Wonder Woman film years ago, we might have even seen a JLA film long before Avengers. But better late than never.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:21 PM   #42
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't want to derail this into a WW or Marvel vs DC thread. But there is no way that DC/WB would have gone that far out of their comfort zone to make a stand alone movie with WW if not for Marvel moving the genre this far forward.

They weren't willing to do it when they had scripts on the table years ago and I believe they are doing it now because they finally believe that female characters are not one dimensial and that female moviegoers are all about seeing a bad ass superhero (regardless of sex). Just because WW will release before CM doesn't mean that Marvel didn't already have her planned long before.

And WW has had material for decades they could have work with, they chose to stick to the boys club. Hell, we had a stand alone Elektra movie before WW! The movie might have sucked, but at least it was made.

Now back to Captain Marvel -- wonder what her costume design will be!!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #43
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

/\ Agreed. The new head at DC is a breath of fresh air.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #44
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't want to derail this into a WW or Marvel vs DC thread. But there is no way that DC/WB would have gone that far out of their comfort zone to make a stand alone movie with WW if not for Marvel moving the genre this far forward.

They weren't willing to do it when they had scripts on the table years ago and I believe they are doing it now because they finally believe that female characters are not one dimensial and that female moviegoers are all about seeing a bad ass superhero (regardless of sex). Just because WW will release before CM doesn't mean that Marvel didn't already have her planned long before.

And WW has had material for decades they could have work with, they chose to stick to the boys club. Hell, we had a stand alone Elektra movie before WW! The movie might have sucked, but at least it was made.

Now back to Captain Marvel -- wonder what her costume design will be!!
I'm not going to dwell on it either but you more or less made my point. Elektra sucked and a Wonder Woman film years ago probably would've sucked too. Like I said, credit where credit is due in terms of pushing the superhero film model forward, we are where we are today due to Marvel's ambition but they haven't made a big budget female superhero film until now either so I don't see them as taking any more chances in that specific regard than DC. More to my point, both Marvel and DC seem to be on the right track now, why not enjoy both rather than bashing one in order to prop up the other?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #45
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

And I think Marvel isn't just making a Captain Marvel movie only cause they have to do a superhero film with a female lead. If that was the case they could have gone with a established character like Black Widow instead.

Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe and there is so much potential for some unique stories and visual possibilities. And she has gotten such a rapid fan following especially among the female readers in the last couple of years after the relaunch. So this is another example of Marvel choosing the character cause of her significance and for the fans.

As for casting I wouldn't mind Katee Sackhoff or Yvonne Strahovski. And I haven't seen Vikings yet, but after seeing pics of Katheryn Winnick in some of the recent articles she seemed like a good choice too.

Very much looking forward to see how they adapt her awesome comic costume for the movie. I hope they also retain that distinct hairstyle when she is in costume along with the add-on red helmet.

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #46
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Nice pick. She is good in Vikings.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #47
risingstar
Jedi Order

I think they'll go younger like Jennifer Lawrence.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #48
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Sackoff is the prime choice.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #49
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Katheryn Winnick is not only hot but a great actress and holds a third-degree black belt in taekwondo. She'd be perfect and would actually peak my interest in this project.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #50
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Katheryn Winnick is not only hot but a great actress and holds a third-degree black belt in taekwondo. She'd be perfect and would actually peak my interest in this project.
Sounds like an impressive actress wow, she sure is hot enough for it going by the pics above.
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote