Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-10-2017, 12:41 AM   #5071
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Might be a little late for the EX, but good luck to you bro.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:44 AM   #5072
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

What's a good cheapish stand for her? I was looking at a Detolf but I'm afraid it's too heavy.
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:34 AM   #5073
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I was just going back over this entire thread and in hindsight, this thread has to be one of the more comical threads ever to appear on StatueForum.

At first, it was nothing but complaining that the price was $550. Even the title of the thread had "(yes you are reading right it's $549.99)" in it. Then that dismay and complaining on the price, which went on for a good long while, switched over to sheer amazement and excitment when the prototype was revealed. You had a few people suggesting Sideshow would never match the proptype and you had some people who stated they would wait for the production pics to decide, but most of the posts from that point were just sheer awe at the beauty of the scuplt and how amazing the prototype looked.

Then once the production pics were revealed, it reveresed right back in the other direction again with a bunch of people complaining that it wasn't close enough to the prototype and we had lots of posts about how Sideshow should just get rid of the whole showing of protootypes if they can't actully match them with thier production pieces. We also had people suggesting it wasn't selling well since the EX hadn't sold out yet, likley due to the price being so high.

Then it started reversing direction yet again when people started reciving the first deliveries for the statue. You still had some people complining that it didn't match the prototype, but as more and more people recieved thier statue, the tide continued to turn more in more in favor of this statue being absolutely stunning in every way. And now the EX is wait listed and no doubt the regular will sell out in pretty short order as well given just how amazing this statue really is.

I gotta admit, statue collectors are a rare breed in the world of collecting and this forum can be pretty amusing at times. This thread was like one of those wave machines that go back and forth and back and forth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSvWSmkulcA
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #5074
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I think you're being unfair to many of the key discussion points, and the very spirit of these forums.

The debate on whether companies should advertise products they have no intention or ability to produce, is valid regardless of how any one statue turns out.

Everything else leading up to and post the statues release is speculative debate or opinionated criticism....The very bedrock of these and every other forum.

There is a media outlet that has NONE of the above.... It's called a catalogue.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:54 AM   #5075
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Thanks for the skewed recap OC. It would be funnier I guess if it was not all pretty much justified(and not that different from most SS pieces).

It was a high price(still is in my opinion), and as good as production is, it isn't proto quality. It is about as good as we can expect from SS, but production expectations were pretty low after the previous version. I and many others do have issues with theirs still(weak magnets, QC, etc....)

Yes, the EX is on WL, but it has been a long time and as usual could just be SS marketing. I would put money on the reg being available for a long time as well.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #5076
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

What do you consider a long time and how much money are you willing to bet on this?
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #5077
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I was just going back over this entire thread and in hindsight, this thread has to be one of the more comical threads ever to appear on StatueForum.

At first, it was nothing but complaining that the price was $550. Even the title of the thread had "(yes you are reading right it's $549.99)" in it. Then that dismay and complaining on the price, which went on for a good long while, switched over to sheer amazement and excitment when the prototype was revealed. You had a few people suggesting Sideshow would never match the proptype and you had some people who stated they would wait for the production pics to decide, but most of the posts from that point were just sheer awe at the beauty of the scuplt and how amazing the prototype looked.

Then once the production pics were revealed, it reveresed right back in the other direction again with a bunch of people complaining that it wasn't close enough to the prototype and we had lots of posts about how Sideshow should just get rid of the whole showing of protootypes if they can't actully match them with thier production pieces. We also had people suggesting it wasn't selling well since the EX hadn't sold out yet, likley due to the price being so high.

Then it started reversing direction yet again when people started reciving the first deliveries for the statue. You still had some people complining that it didn't match the prototype, but as more and more people recieved thier statue, the tide continued to turn more in more in favor of this statue being absolutely stunning in every way. And now the EX is wait listed and no doubt the regular will sell out in pretty short order as well given just how amazing this statue really is.

I gotta admit, statue collectors are a rare breed in the world of collecting and this forum can be pretty amusing at times. This thread was like one of those wave machines that go back and forth and back and forth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSvWSmkulcA
Only a few of us have remained consistent and steadfast throughout.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #5078
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Thanks for the skewed recap OC. It would be funnier I guess if it was not all pretty much justified(and not that different from most SS pieces).

It was a high price(still is in my opinion), and as good as production is, it isn't proto quality. It is about as good as we can expect from SS, but production expectations were pretty low after the previous version. I and many others do have issues with theirs still(weak magnets, QC, etc....)

Yes, the EX is on WL, but it has been a long time and as usual could just be SS marketing. I would put money on the reg being available for a long time as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
What do you consider a long time and how much money are you willing to bet on this?
I think the regular will be available for a long time too. Maybe not sell out. It took a long time for the 1500 EX to sell out and the reg is double the ES. Despite the beauty of this statue there are many statues for pre-order, licensed and unlicensed.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #5079
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Mine arrives today, along with Captain Marvel
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #5080
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It was a high price(still is in my opinion), and as good as production is, it isn't proto quality. It is about as good as we can expect from SS.

I and many others do have issues with theirs still(weak magnets, QC, etc....)

I would put money on the reg being available for a long time as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I think the regular will be available for a long time too. Maybe not sell out. It took a long time for the 1500 EX to sell out and the reg is double the ES.
I would also agree with you both that the reg will be available for a long time based on price.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote