Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-23-2017, 06:36 PM   #5561
dao2
Cyclops

Where did you PM him? He's got a couple of fb pages/accounts but most are old and you won't really get a response. Statue Repaint is the one you want. He responds pretty fast to me. I'm sure he doesn't mean to ignore you.

Warning though, he is very pricey.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:52 PM   #5562
built2shred
Phoenix

Customs are a tricky proposition. The guy I used took over 2 years to convert my Batman PF to full sculpt, got lots of excuses, but in the end I bribed him with another PF that he was suppose to repaint for me so he would finish my Batman PF. I also ended up paying the guy shipping a couple of times because he would say he would have it finish real soon then send me a shipping invoice, I would pay it and then hear nothing from him for another couple months, but then after the statue bribe he finally finished it but hit it me again for shipping. In the end I did get my Batman PF and he did an amazing job on it but the whole thing was very unprofessional IMO.

Most of these guys want 100% payment up front, now I know why, so they can drag there feet if they want to, if I was to do it again I would only pay like 25% up front and the rest when it was actually finished.

So just beware when you want someone to do a custom job for you. I think most of these guys just do it as a hobby so it's very low on their priority list.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:58 PM   #5563
dechirico7
The Flash

I hear stories about a lot of guys being bums like that. Shady communication and delays. I go through John Ficchi. Never had any issues with him, so that is where I stay. Same goes with me and my customers. I don't even change them up front anymore because I know I can trust them.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #5564
dao2
Cyclops

John is very solid, done one custom through him and it went perfect. I've also had some poor experiences. I've done two with vicente, both went well. Not without hiccups but nothing that would stop me from doing business with him again.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:45 AM   #5565
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Where did you PM him? He's got a couple of fb pages/accounts but most are old and you won't really get a response. Statue Repaint is the one you want. He responds pretty fast to me. I'm sure he doesn't mean to ignore you.

Warning though, he is very pricey.
I emailed him through his website and PM'd him through the FB account he posts on the FB Statue Collector's Group. I kinda figured it would be pricey. I'm in no hurry but I'd like to know how much so I can consider it, though I do have the other SS RS, Prime 1 Lady Maria, Gecco Siegmeyer, and Gecco Oscar preordered so no real extra for that anyway.
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:58 AM   #5566
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Tch0rT| View Post
I emailed him through his website and PM'd him through the FB account he posts on the FB Statue Collector's Group. I kinda figured it would be pricey. I'm in no hurry but I'd like to know how much so I can consider it, though I do have the other SS RS, Prime 1 Lady Maria, Gecco Siegmeyer, and Gecco Oscar preordered so no real extra for that anyway.
for the rs on his site it's like 1500 >< hell prob have a cheaper option too but it'd be painted accordingly
Old 01-12-2018, 07:40 PM   #5567
Danchez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Received my "Ice Warrior" repainted portrait today and she's absolutely flawless:

Danchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:47 PM   #5568
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danchez View Post
Received my "Ice Warrior" repainted portrait today and she's absolutely flawless:
NICE!!! Congratulations, she looks outstanding! Thanks for posting pictures.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #5569
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

Jawdroppingly good!
Old 01-12-2018, 07:52 PM   #5570
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
A freezing beauty!

I'm getting a sweater.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote