Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-12-2021, 10:27 AM   #601
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Recast with Frankie Adams. BOOM! Problem solved, and I'll never look back.
Just ogled her.... er, I mean googled her. Great choice.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:23 PM   #602
ukshaun
Hercules

The Mandalorian - S1

Completed watching S1 last week. Overall I like it.
Great seeing Werner Herzog act. I am a great fan of his movies. He has a certain quality of voice.

My only complaints (areas not too sold on) include:
1. The Prison ship Episode felt out of place. Various aspects of it did not feel very Star Wars (the dance music, eh?)
2. The Mandalorian space-ship reminded me of something from the pre_CGI era when airbrush artists would imagine stuff from 'how the future might look.'
3. The scene feat. two Biker Scout Troopers, one wanting to see 'what's in the bag?' (Grogu is in the bag) and the pair of them having a bit of banter. It did not feel correct in a Star Wars production.
4. Given IG-88 appears to be made from much metal, I feel his high speed movements failed to look feasible, and simply the result of what is possible using CGI.
5. The Red R2-D2 unit with added arms and legs to steer a boat looked like garbage.
6. Woman playing cards with a human sized Insect? Where is the creature imagination?

On a side-note. Compared to A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, The Mandalorian fails to feature a single memorable tune?
Disney should up their game and get better musicians onboard.

The Mandalorian - S2

I am currently 2 episodes in. Overall I like it, so far atleast..

My only complaints (areas not too sold on) include:
1. The Mandalorian travelling with what looks like a human sized Gecco. Where is the creature imagination?
2. The many Spiders. Again, where is the creature imagination?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:41 PM   #603
Augen
The Hulk

I find the Mandalorian theme music to be some the best Star Wars music. Has a real western feel. I don't remember any new music from VII-IX.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:53 PM   #604
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I find the Mandalorian theme music to be some the best Star Wars music. Has a real western feel. I don't remember any new music from VII-IX.
Funny enough, i have been getting Wild West vibes all the way through The Mandalorian. The End of S2 EP1 felt like watching a Wild West movie with music that would not sound out of place in Rambo
Old 07-12-2022, 03:06 PM   #605
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Agreed, the Mando theme is fantastic, and hearing the flute melody now makes an instant connection to The Mandalorian...Ludwig Goransson was a great choice, and I liked his Book Of Boba Fett music as well. As for the sequel trilogy, I love Rey's theme so much, and Ep VII had a few other memorable themes like The Jedi Steps and March Of The Resistance...but Ep VIII and IX, not as much.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 04:00 PM   #606
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
2. The many Spiders. Again, where is the creature imagination?
i agree some of the creature designs could be more creative but you didnt like the spiders? thats classic ralph mcquarrie design aesthetic, i loved them

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:04 PM   #607
ukshaun
Hercules

..just completed it!

The Mandalorian - S1
7.7/10

The Mandalorian - S2
8.2/10

Other than a number of small gripes, i thought The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars related release to come out of Disney
The voice of the Mandalorian kept on reminding me of someone. In the end it clicked. Checkout the song Nightcall by Kavinsky

Luke at the end, how far CGI has come.
I guess they used the same technique as use for Linda Hamilton during the beach bar scene in Terminator: Dark Fate

Giancarlo Esposito, as good as an actor he is, i cannot separate him from Gus the boss of the fast food chicken restaurant Los Pollos Hermanos in Breaking Bad

UP NEXT: The Book of Boba Fett
Old 07-14-2022, 01:06 PM   #608
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i agree some of the creature designs could be more creative but you didnt like the spiders? thats classic ralph mcquarrie design aesthetic, i loved them

I find Spiders boring. Even the hairy Rhino creature seemed more interesting compared to Spiders.
Sometimes i am sure they like to do CGI creatures that do not feature fur, have hard exteriors, as they offer less head-aches, and render faster.
Old 07-14-2022, 01:29 PM   #609
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Spiders are evil. Never boring. Ewwww. Trying to eat hobbits, a Mandalorian, and Hogwarts kids. Just wrong.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:10 PM   #610
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Giancarlo Esposito, as good as an actor he is, i cannot separate him from Gus the boss of the fast food chicken restaurant Los Pollos Hermanos in Breaking Bad
Giancarlo seems to always play a villain, and always does a great job. Maybe Moff Gideon owns some restaurants on the side, with bantha burgers being the specialty.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote