Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #1201
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Both Scorpion and Moon Knight are over 2K Canadian now. What I think will happen is more people will order on new MTO PO system meaning this period with storm , maul, scorpion and moon knight will prob be only batch like this with extremely low numbers . My two cents others may hit in 4-500s range
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #1202
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Moon Knight, Scorpion, Storm and Maul I think caught collectors flat footed. I ordered Maul and Storm when those ES sizes were announced which was risky. I believe I literally got the last Maul and one of the very last Storms from Spec Fiction. I agree moving forward collectors will get in early rather than being left out.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:47 PM   #1203
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Funny I ordered right at end for Scorpion from Spec Fiction the next day it was marked sold out . So lucky and happy at the same time . I agree collectors will get in now early but it still leaves a premium on the 4 that slipped through .
Old 01-20-2019, 05:18 PM   #1204
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I have a feeling if nobody else makes a storm for awhile this one will probably hit $2500+
If it does, even I might think of selling.

But I think SS is paying attention. Storm in her least loved outfit sold. And now other people want one. So either they will mimic the (hideous) Jim Lee design or do a modern version.

I would love a modern version. Sadly lacking in the market stream.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:52 PM   #1205
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Smart thinking youre on to something there
Old 01-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #1206
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Even though I'm very happy with this statue and my poison Ivy I just have a hard time justifying in my mind the price difference between XM and SS. When I look at my XM Statues and my SS statues its just hard to justify in my mind. This will probably be my last XM statue unless they come out with something i just love.
This is something i struggle with as well. I have 2 XM on order Storm and Cyclops, but havent seen another one I need to have, to justify the XM price. Mystique was close and I wanted to love professor X but he is just way overprices in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I mix and match I’m trying to find a balance between the brands. XM is doing characters SS won’t touch so I buy those from XM and more popular stuff SS gets. Then there are few exceptions but overall it’s friggin pricey
Yeah this is why I POed storm and cyclops right away before SS even announced the start of their Xmen line. I didnt think SS would make these guys again anytime soon and it still doesn't look like they are making a storm soon, because they have to get their male lineup out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I have a feeling if nobody else makes a storm for awhile this one will probably hit $2500+
Wow that is a bold prediction, but I've seen crazier things happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If it does, even I might think of selling.

But I think SS is paying attention. Storm in her least loved outfit sold. And now other people want one. So either they will mimic the (hideous) Jim Lee design or do a modern version.

I would love a modern version. Sadly lacking in the market stream.
yeah we will see how SS responds to this, because even though a lot of people dont think they pay attention to the 3%, there is no way they cant see the opportunity here.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:48 PM   #1207
nearmint
Phoenix

I don’t know. Storm’s ES is 420. Is that enough to get Sideshow’s attention?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #1208
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Good point. Although I think it’s hard to fully judge North America’s demand for this statue based on XM’s ES size. The 200-ish shipping costs itself, which hikes the price point to generally no less than the 1K range, is very prohibitive.

And I think the X-men and Spider-Man prob have the most selling power of the Marvel franchise, which is why Fox and Sony bought out the movie rites to begin with. I think if the XM (and HMO’s) Avengers Assemble line would’ve done waaaay better if it was an X-men Animated, for example.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:15 PM   #1209
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Considering she was priced at $800+ plus international shipping, a $350+ NRD, a restricted license area and only up for order for literally two weeks, I'd say that's pretty dang good.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #1210
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Considering she was priced at $800+ plus international shipping, a $350+ NRD, a restricted license area and only up for order for literally two weeks, I'd say that's pretty dang good.
To be fair, that 2-week window doesn’t tell the whole story. XM was taking preorders at shows for Storm at least as far back as STGCC 2017, Specfictionshop as far back as April of last year, and numerous other Singapore contacts for a much longer window than two weeks.

I’m not bad-mouthing this piece, but if you wanted it, there was plenty of time to lock one down.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote