Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-20-2017, 02:50 AM   #3221
100 Hand Slap
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
This angle was part of the reason why I decided to pass on this one. I know a lot of you will think I'm crazy for saying this, but the upper and lower body are just too disproportionate to each other. It's even more noticeable from the straight behind angle. It's fine on the other two because the dresses break up the silhouette. I think the hips and legs need to be toned down on the Alpha version though.
Actually the skinny waist and the big ass is what many like most about it because thats hot! Your entitled to your opinion of course and we will surely miss you on PO day, see you for Sagat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
Are they maintaining the crazy eyes?
Did you ever stop to think that as no-one else seems to think she has crazy eyes that perhaps, just perhaps its you and your perception that are the crazy ones?
100 Hand Slap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:24 AM   #3222
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
This angle was part of the reason why I decided to pass on this one. I know a lot of you will think I'm crazy for saying this, but the upper and lower body are just too disproportionate to each other. It's even more noticeable from the straight behind angle. It's fine on the other two because the dresses break up the silhouette. I think the hips and legs need to be toned down on the Alpha version though.
I personally don't see the issue, but I don't think you're crazy. It's a stylistic choice. Won't appeal to everyone. I like it (that's actually my favorite angle you're criticizing, bub) and even with other competing Chun Lis on the horizon--which I'll probably also buy--I think this one will remain unique precisely for the singular artistic direction with the anatomy and pose.

I do agree the Alpha version exaggerates the proportions that seem specifically sculpted to suit the dress tailoring. I actually wouldn't mind them slimming this one down a bit to differentiate it for those buying the Legacy set. However, despite the descriptions in the bio regarding the choice of makeup for a more youthful look for the Alpha version, these are ultimately different "skins" based on the same SFV model, so maintaining consistent proportions between the three would be game accurate in this case.

jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #3223
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm loving the proportions personally, so I hope nothing gets changed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
Are they maintaining the crazy eyes?
It appears that you're the one with the crazy eyes .
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #3224
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
I'm loving the proportions personally, so I hope nothing gets changed .

It appears that you're the one with the crazy eyes .
I agree, love everything about it.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #3225
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I personally don't see the issue, but I don't think you're crazy. It's a stylistic choice. Won't appeal to everyone. I like it (that's actually my favorite angle you're criticizing, bub) and even with other competing Chun Lis on the horizon--which I'll probably also buy--I think this one will remain unique precisely for the singular artistic direction with the anatomy and pose.
Yup.
My favorite angle here. Love the silhouette of the legs.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #3226
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Why are people posting pics of her SF4 model when comparing the Alpha version? Those pics are of the reskinned SF4 model and not of what her original Alpha design was, lol
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:04 PM   #3227
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Why are people posting pics of her SF4 model when comparing the Alpha version? Those pics are of the reskinned SF4 model and not of what her original Alpha design was, lol
That was the point. It was suggested the statue should be slimmed down to match her figure in the Alpha art (though the game sprite was similarly muscular.) I was saying the three different statue versions are basically variants of a sculpt based on (but not strictly adhering to) her SFV game file, so the body type probably wouldn't change, the same way alternate skins wouldn't change the body type in the game.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:14 PM   #3228
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #3229
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post

Nice I love the original anime designs better than all newer 3D based game versions. We shall see what p1 has to offer in time. Could be an anime accurate line but who knows.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #3230
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Nice I love the original anime designs better than all newer 3D based game versions. We shall see what p1 has to offer in time. Could be an anime accurate line but who knows.
For the most part i agree, though i love cammy and chun SFV designs.