Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2019, 04:36 AM   #71
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Star wars just isn't as cool as it used to be and the age of it's fans are irrelevant. What is relevant is that star wars has much stiffer competition than it had years ago and to make things worse the writers seem to have lost touch with what the fans want

I don't think this is the case. It's just that Star Wars is going through a rough patch as it's being poorly handled currently. TLJ was so unbelievably awful that it managed to alienate even the most loyal fans. But they are still there, waiting and hoping that Star Wars will climb back up to the lofty heights it belongs.

It doesn't help that many of the collectibles from the license have been pretty "meh" recently either. You need only look at Iron Studios Vader to see how appreciated a good Star Wars statue can be. And Sideshow are very capable of making similar products, they make amazing stuff for certain licenses and they have hinted at it in their Star Wars line, Leia and the latest Darth Maul looked pretty good. I bet if they really went all in on a Star Wars line, they would sell like hot cakes despite what Disney may be doing with the movies. Especially if they start with the more requested back ground characters..... A Tie Pilot or a decent Ackbar for example!

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:14 AM   #72
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Anything Victoria’s Secret.... Alessandra, Candice & Adriana etc
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #73
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

A great Christopher Reeve statue instead of the abomination Sideshow made before.

A non-Sideshowified Flash--just give me a normal damn Flash statue.

Darth Talon v2

Star-Lord and Drax PF's to complete the damn Guardians line they started but won't finish.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #74
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Taskmaster is the best character on your list. Red Monika would be another license for SS to start and drop without other Battle Chasers. I guess Joe Mad and SS may be a perfect pairing in that sense.

Here's my five (t-mobile ad anyone?)
Star Sapphire
Flash
Reverse Flash
Mera
Black Manta
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:34 PM   #75
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

The problem with Star Wars is that it got stuck in the Darth Vader - Darth Maul - Boba Fett rut, with the occasional Royal Guard or Clone Trooper. There's only so many times you can repackage Bossk or Obi-Wan Kenobi or Threepio before you get burnout.

The Mythos line was a step in the right direction. I think most of us would like to see completely new and original (not from any movie, comic, game or cartoon) statues of bounty hunters, Jedi Knights, soldiers or scoundrels.

Same goes for lines line Predator. I don't need another City or Jungle hunter. Look at the success NECA has with a wide range of unique Predators from various sources.

Could even work with comic characters. I don't need to see another Captain America, Elektra or Batman, but an unnamed AIM, HYDRA or Hand ninja could be a break from the norm...
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:41 PM   #76
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
A great Christopher Reeve statue instead of the abomination Sideshow made before.
I agree. The statue was hot garbage. I've been wanting a good Reeves statue for a long ass time.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:46 PM   #77
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

Nightwing
Flash
Gambit v2
Starfire
Witchblade
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #78
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_apprentice View Post
Same goes for lines line Predator. I don't need another City or Jungle hunter.

I'll disagree here. We may have had lots of P1's and P2's, but how many really impressive statues have we had? The last one was arguably the SWS maquette which was a decade ago. We do need another P1 and another P2, but we need them to be the definitive versions before prices get too out of hand. Prime 1 are working on it, it'd be awesome for us all if Sideshow could give them some genuine competition. They could start by hooking up with the right people to gain access to the real props and nailing the accuracy. Sideshows Wolf LSF was awesome (Wish I had it more and more as time goes by!) so they are very capable.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:40 AM   #79
Collector craig
Frackin!

Jack Nicholson joker PF! When will this ever happen for the love of god?
Collector craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #80
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
Red Monika? I don't think so.

Red Monika was from Battle Chasers comics 20 years ago. A comic book its creator abandoned at issue 9 and never finished until today.

So, if we are talking about money maker, Red Monika cannot even light a candle to the likes of Iron Man, Wolverine, Superman, and of course Batman.

In fact, Red Monika is a nobody compared to those guys in terms of being an established comic character with rich history, backstories and multiple media, medium and merchandise appearance and high appeal level internationally.
I don't think anyone would argue against that.

On the flip side fans of those characters have dozens of options and could easily spend tens of thousands of dollars on any character with the merchandise available.

Niche characters often have a select few options so it funnels demand into specific items. Do you go after 5% of a huge population or 50% of a small one? In statues those niches can be profitable. Only reason I can think for some pieces that get made.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote